Chapter 10

Thursday, 10 November 2016.
It was early the morning and everyone could clearly see that the snow was coming closer.
The weather was building up and as many people as possible was heading back to New York City.
Lucas, Farkle, Zay, Smackle and some of the other children went back to New York while the Matthews and Maya were still at the lodge.
Riley was busy packing up her last stuff when Josh came in the room.

"Still fast asleep. We need to wake her up," Riley said.

Of course she was talking about her best friend who was still asleep in her bed.
Josh nod at her as he went to sit down next to Maya on her bed.
He brushed a blonde curl making her blue eyes flutter open.
She takes a second to process who it is but can actually see who it is.

"Josh," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"Hey. We need to get going. They opened the roads to New York," Josh said in a quiet voice.
"Okay," Maya said as she sat up.

"You better hurry. My dad wants to leave soon," Riley said.
"Okay," Maya said rubbing her eyes.
"Let the poor girl wake up first. You okay?" Josh asked and Maya nod before receiving a hug from Josh.

He stood up and then Maya went to get dressed.
When she came back she immediately started to pack making Riley look at her.

She isn't going to awaken anything from last night.
If Maya can face this journey on her own or with Josh that's fine.
Then she has to do that.
After Maya finished packing up she took her suitcase in front and saw everyone else.
She gave Cory and Topanga a vague smile to let them know she is okay.

"Okay think we can go," Cory said and Josh came out.
"Dad got into an accident. He's in the hospital - critical," Josh said.
"Gosh. We need to... I don't..."

Maya looked at both Cory and then back at Josh.
She gave Riley a look without knowing what it meant.

"Do you wanna go to Philadelphia to support your mother?" Maya asked.
"Yeah I am. Listen Cory," Josh said.
"You can't go alone," Cory said.
"Is it okay if I go with you? I don't want to face New York yet," Maya said.
"Cory is it okay if I take this one of your hands for awhile?" Josh asked.
"Yeah why not? Okay just load the bags then we can go. Please be careful," Cory said.
"We will," Josh said.