Chapter 12

It was early the morning and Josh was up.
He couldn't sleep knowing what is going on in his life.
He steps into Maya's room to find her fast asleep and go back to the living room finding his mother.

"Hey. The kettle just boiled. Couldn't sleep?" Amy asked.
"And not for the reason you would think. I'm worried about Maya," Josh said.
"Stop worrying over that girl. We need to move forward and figure out what to do about..."
"Dad is strong. He'll make it. Critical is only temporary. She lost everything," Josh said.
"Yeah let's hope you don't break your head," Amy said and Josh's phone rang.
"Joshua Matthews? Yes. That is wonderful news. Thank you. Goodbye. Dad is awake and stubborn as ever," Josh said and Amy sighed.
"Wonderful. Let's go," Amy said.
"Why don't you go? I want to be here when she wakes up," Josh said.
"Decide where your priorities are Joshua. At this girl or your father," Amy said.
"Okay let's go then. I'll just leave her a text," Josh said and they were gone.

~

It was much later the morning and Maya was reading the newspaper.
She never did it but knew that she had to do something.
She got a text and looked at her phone.

R: TURN ON THE TELEVISION RIGHT NOW. NEWS CHANNEL.

Maya looked at it and quickly switched the television to the channel her best friend had told her.

"There is a huge snow storm coming for Pennsylvania for the weekend. All residents are adviced to stay at home and lock the doors."

Maya reached for her phone and called Josh.
It rang for awhile and then he picked up.

"You're up early," Josh said.
"Early? I'm saying nothing. There is another storm on it's way," Maya said.
"Where? When?" Josh asked.
"Pennsylvania. They said this weekend. You with your father?" Maya asked.
"He finally woke up, yeah. My mother basically forced me to choice between him and..."
"It's okay. I understand. I'll see you guys later," Maya said and put the phone down.

How is she going to survive everything?
She picks up a picture which was standing on the table in front of her.
A old photo of Shawn and Cory.
Shallow tears comes running out of her eyes and she just realizes all over she lost.
She lost people really close to her and isn't sure if she is going to get them ever back.
For the first time she also realizes what Josh and his mother is going through.
She sigh as she sees his text.

J: On our way back.

Maya smiles as she goes to the kitchen.
She knows they are going to be awhile and probably hungry since they haven't ate yet.
She quickly put a pot of porridge on the stove and put the kettle on.
Withing ten minutes the food is done and she lays the table just in time for the two to come back.
They ate and after that Amy walked around in her room.

"Is your mom okay?" Maya asked.
"Doesn't seem like my father is coming off as lightly as we hoped. He can't walk on his own. He has to learn all over again," Josh said and sigh as Maya embraced him.
"Everything is going to be okay," Maya said.

Josh felt Maya close to him and held her tightly.
He realizes all over again that he is lucky to have a girl like Maya in his life.
If only his mother could see that.