Chapter 22

Maya and Auggie were busy coloring in when Josh came through the apartment door.
He smiled as he saw his girlfriend aside with his nephew.

"Hey. You look gorgeous," Josh said giving Maya a kiss on her cheek.
"Thanks. Let me go get your brother," Maya said and was gone.
"Are you together?" Auggie asked.
"You'll find out in the a second Buddy," Josh said and everyone came out.

"I'm glad all of you are here. I have life changing news," Josh said as Maya stood next to him.
"Do we wanna know?" Cory asked.
"Besides if you want to find out on your own," Maya said.
"It involves you, doesn't it?" Riley asked.
"We're together," Maya said and everybody's eyes widened.

~

"What! What did you just say? Don't tell me you said you're together."

Of course Riley was having trouble making any sense of what was told to her just a few minutes ago but Maya wasn't sure how she saw that.

"We are," Maya said.
"Congratulations you guys," Topanga said giving Maya a hug.
"You better look after her. I'm watching you with the eye of a hawk," Topanga said.
"I will," Josh said laughing while Maya looked at Cory.
"Mr Matthews? Aren't you going to say anything?" Maya asked.
"I don't know what. When... When did it happen?" Cory asked.
"Obviously when they were in Philadelphia. I don't approve at all. You are not my aunt."
"Riley stop being silly. I'm happy for you guys," Auggie said.
"Thank you Buddy," Maya said.
"Yeah. I am too. You guys deserve some happiness. Take care of her, okay?" Cory said as he pointed to Josh.
"Of course."
"Who am I to argue with you two? You better take good care of her otherwise both me and Lucas are gonna attack you," Riley said causing Maya to smile.