Chapter 15

It was a few hours later and Maya and Josh were at another place.
They were busy settling into a cottage which they will be staying in for awhile.
More like a garden apartment actually.

"This is a mess," Maya let out.

Josh looked at her knowing she blames herself.
He didn't know how to tell her everything is going to be okay but he also doesn't know how to be there for her.
Right now it's a difficult time for both of them.

"Yeah it is. But it's not your fault," Josh said.

Maya looked up at the guy who definitely didn't make her feel like she wanted to.
Instead of feeling like a silly teenager, which she was, he made her feel like a young girl who could take on anything.
Maya shakes her head as she sits down next to Josh.
She quickly looked him in the eye before smiling.

"How do you still have hope for me?" Maya asked and Josh threw his arm around her shoulder pulling her a bit closer.
"Because I know who is sitting in front of me isn't just some girl. But a girl I've known for quite awhile and who I fell in love with eventually. I know who you are," Josh said.
"And who am I?" Maya asked smiling and Josh adjusted his body so he could face her.
"You... Are the most kind, humble, caring, gorgeous I've ever met. And I am the most lucky guy in the world to have you in my life," Josh said and Maya exhaled.

Trying to process everything that had just come out of his mouth she didn't actually want anything else.
She smiled as she cupped Josh's cheek.
Meeting his eyes she couldn't look away.
As they got lost nothing else mattered.
All that mattered was what happened in that moment.
Josh touched Maya's hand causing her to smile even wider.
He gave her the smallest yet most meaningful smile before leaning in closer for a kiss.

This one was so much more different than their first one.
It was full with passion but it was yet so soft.
Maya could feel safe with him without worrying about too much.
Maya worried about nothing knowing she has everything she needed right where she was.