Chapter 26

It was a few days later as well as the funeral which Maya wasn't seeing forward to.
She has had long sessions of tears with Josh over whether she should go or just leave it.
She has been taking it pretty badly and as most people know she isn't exactly someone to express her feelings but these past few days she has been all over the place.
She was already dressed and just busy catching her breathe so she could get everything going when she heard someone coming through the door.
She instantly saw her boyfriend and was happy to see him.
Josh walked over to Maya and took her in his arms.

"How are you feeling?" Josh asked.
"I can't believe they're gone. It's like everything is only kicking in right now," Maya said.
"Yeah. But you are not alone. I promise you," Josh said.
"Can we get going?" Maya asked.
"Yeah," Josh said and they were gone.

~

It was a hour and a half later.
The service was done and Maya was still in tears.
She could barely keep up with everything and she doesn't actually know what to do.

"Who is she?" Jack asked pointing to Maya.
"Maya Hart. She was Shawn's fiancé's daughter," Cory said and Jack walked over to Maya.

"Maya?" Jack said and she turned around.
"Hi I'm Jack. I'm Shawn's brother," Jack said.
"Hi Uncle Jack. Thank you for coming," Maya said.
"Anytime. My brother talked a lot about you. You are one lucky girl. Hi Josh. How are you?"
"I'm okay. I'll be back in a second, okay?" Josh said and Maya nod.

"Are you two together?" Jack asked.
"Yeah we are. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and I can't imagine my life without him," Maya said.