Chapter 28

It was the next week and just three days to Christmas.
Since Maya was obviously going to stay at the Matthews she didn't have any other choice than to participate in their Christmas traditions which is of course to just be there.
She and Riley was shopping at one of the shops at a mall just a few miles from their apartment.
Maya watched Auggie as Riley went through every shop.
Maya and Auggie was sitting at a bench coloring in when a lady came to them.

"Aw! What a cute little boy. Is he your brother?" she asked and Maya smiled.
"My boyfriend's cousin. He's his uncle. I'm just babysitting while his sister are in the shops," Maya said and the lady disappeared.

Maya smiled thinking of her having a brother.
Which was gone.
Maybe if she got to know her father someday she would have one but now she is just her.
She has Riley and Auggie to see as her brother and sister as well as Josh so she is just fine.
Maya smiled at the idea of a mother though.
Suddenly feeling like she would make a good one seeing how she is playing babysitter to Auggie.
But it wasn't like she was completely ignoring the facts.
She is dating the boy's uncle which could make her his aunt one day.
But thinking about that is useless.
She'll probably mess everything up within time.