Thank You Winter Weather Advisory

Savannah's POV

Snowflakes quietly fell from the sky and drifted onto the trees outside the house. Another semester of college completed, and a well deserved winter break was upon me. I can't tell you the last time I had a moment to breathe and look out the window like this. It's calming, but a wave of loneliness finally washed over me all over again. I grab my journal from my desk and sit back by the windowsill. I tap my pen on the cover of the journal as I glance outside again into the blistering darkness, but just before I happen to catch a glance of the bean bag in the corner of my room. It still haunts me sometimes; that Kimmy sat there in that exact chair and acted like she was my best friend. I opened the journal and looked for an empty page. 

 I'm sure you're wondering where the boys are and what they are up to. I talk to them all as group once a month through speaker phone, sometimes if we're lucky, facetime. Liam and I occasionally text, but it has been difficult since I am struggling to keep my grade point average above a 3.8 in college and they are recording a new album. 

Look outside, Sent 8:46 PM

My phone buzzes and lights up next to me. I glance down to see who texted, so I can decide if I want to respond now or after my journaling session. I was expecting it to be my sister, Jasmine. My jaw completely dropped.

The contact read 'Liam Payne'. 

Look outside? Is he referring to the horrendous weather they are having as well and forgot to send a picture? I quickly drop my phone and direct my eyes out into the wintery foliage outside my window. My room is on the second floor and there is a glare casted by my lamp, which makes it hard to see clearly. But I see a figure...

My heart starts to beat quickly. Is this a stalker who got a hold of Liam's phone or phone number and is using it to get into my house? I grab my hair curler and plug it in. Has anyone tried to defend themselves against a home intruder before using a hot curling iron? I'm not sure, we will find out I guess. 

I cracked my window open slightly, "Liam?", I called  out into the darkness. The figure stops walking as if processing what I had said. I grip harder onto the curling iron, making my knuckles turn white. I think I may be sick.

"Hey."

Liam's POV

My palms were sweating even though there is snow falling all around me. God, why does South Dakota have to be so cold? There was no turning back now. I am standing in her backyard. Maybe trying to surprise her this way in the middle of the night was a bad idea. When she appeared in the window, every ounce of air disappeared from my lungs. It had been too long. And of course Savannah looked beautiful as always, even in her sweatpants and hoodie. She could literally wear anything...or nothing, and still look amazing. 

A simple "hey" was all I could force out of my airway at the moment

"What are you doing here?" She asked almost in tears.

"We are taking a small break for the rest of the month from the album for the holidays since Christmas is in less than a week," I yelled up to her.

"Stop standing outside in the cold and meet me at the front door, stranger." I laughed at her 'stranger' comment and ran to the front door. My hands were definitely beginning to get frostbite. I did not dress properly for this weather. I swear the forecast predicted 43 degrees and sunny. It was neither 43 degrees nor sunny today.

I stood at the front door for a few moments before she whipped open the door to reveal her smiling face. Her blonde hair was cut to her shoulders now, framing her beautiful small features.