VIII-The past will follow you everywhere, no matter what

Dazai sighed frustrated when he was interrupted by a little girl in a red kimono that grabbed him by the hand as she looked up at him with her big, blue eyes while holding her phone.

"Me?" Simply asked Dazai as the girl had a dead blank stare

"Found you" the girl said and in the next second, a blinding, white light swirled around the both of them as Dazai's eyes widened in shock, not knowning what to do or say

"Shit... This is bad..." he muttered

And in the next moment, he disappeared the same way you did...

--------------------------

Port Mafia headquarters
Author POV

Chuuya continued to drag you around the enormous building as you started to whistle in boredom, earning a "tsk" or a "shut the hell up!" from him, but even so, you didn't stop to annoy him. Not until he grew impatient, reaching his limits and he pushed you on the ground with all of his force as you landed on your knees.

"I said it once and I'll say it again" he said in a lower voice as he grabbed you by the collar of your shirt. "You're lucky that you're boss's guest, otherwise you'd be dead where you stand"

"Yeah, sure" you rolled your eyes as an irk mark popped on his forehead for the umpteenth time today. "Look buddy, I don't want to die. I'm still young, I'm not Dazai and there are things I want to do before I go. But I'm not scared of death either. So why the hell do you care about what your boss says? If you want to kill someone, you just do it. I thought you knew better since you're just another dog from the Mafia. So tell me. Why don't you kill me? Come on, tell me--"

"Shut the fuck up already!" Chuuya yelled and in the next second, his gun was pointed to your forehead. "I won't hesitate, bitch"

"C'mon, pull the trigger" you said, now smiling at him in a kind of psychotic way. "Do it. Pull the trigger. Kill me. Kill me just like you killed hundreds of people before. I'm just another amount of flesh and blood that's going to stain those dirty hands that you try so hard to hide with those leather gloves... C'mon, what's the hold up?"

The hand that was holding the gun started to tremble a little before Chuuya put back his gun and clicked his tongue in annoyance for the umpteenth time today. You just hummed at his "reply" as he grabbed you by your arm and made you stand up on your own feet, dragging you again to hell knows where

"Orders are orders" he muttered as your smile only grew. "Even if I want to kill you right here and now just to make myself happy and that shitty Dazai suffer... orders are orders. And with that being said, keep fucking quiet"

"Alright" you said with a sigh

The rest of the walk was silent as Chuuya looked at you from time to time to see if you were making gestures behind his back like you did earlier, but you weren't doing anything. Just like he said, you were going to keep quiet, which made him furrow his brows, that you actually listened to him.

You two continued to walk until you reached two black doors as you started to feel a knot in your throat.

"Why do I have this weird feeling now...?" You thought as Chuuya started to talk to the bodyguards there

"Move it" he said as he grabbed you by your arm again and dragged you inside the room-- well, more like an office, where a middle aged man with straight, black hair was standing on a chair in front of the windows and a blonde, little girl was drawing next to him

"Ah, Elise-chan" said the man, looking at you and Chuuya. "Look at our guest. Isn't she lovely?"

The little girl called Elise-chan looked up at you before she went back to her drawing, making you furrow your brows in confusion as Chuuya pushed you to get closer to the man.