Chapter 8

You had been down in a room on The Interceptor  for a while, trying to find any possible way to dry your dress. After a while, you noticed there was already another dress in the room, so you tried it on. It was a pale lilac with some cream lace around the neckline along with a pair of  cream shoes and a lilac hair ribbon. It was a bit tight, but there was still a tiny bit of breathing room and it looked quite good on you. After tying your hair back, you pushed open the door and were so shocked by what you saw on the deck, you dropped the shoes you had been carrying. "Will!" You screamed as he struggled to hang on, dangling off a giant piece of wood above the ocean. "Jack! Get him down." Choosing to ignore you, Jack said, "Either you can accept that your father was a pirate, or you can't. But a pirate's in your blood boy, so you'll have to square with that someday." Will's face was beginning to turn red from hanging on to the poll and once more, you shouted, "Get him down!" And once more, you were ignored.

"Like this, I can let you drown. But I can't bring this ship to Tortuga with only her hep, can I?" Outraged by his assumption of your lack of usefulness, you walked over to Jack and slapped him across the face. "I said, get him down!"

"Not sure I deserved that." Jack said under his breath as he pulled a rope, bringing the pole Will was holding onto back over the deck as Will came crashing down onto the boat once more. "Will!" You yelled as you ran up to him and hugged him, helping him get up in the process. Jack pointed a sword at Will and said, "Can you, or can you not sail under the command of a pirate?" Will hesitated for a minute, quickly looking at you. You slightly nodded and he turned back to Jack asking, "Tortuga?"

"Aye. Tortuga."