Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Father's Guilt

Megan rolled her eyes watching Sergio prepare for the home game against Osasuna, the brunette sighed as he finished getting ready; she couldn’t believe that it was November already and how fact it had arrived.

Sergio pressed a kiss to her lips, then he looked down at her swollen stomach; she was twenty-nine weeks pregnant, the footballer smiled at her as he rubbed her stomach gently.

“Are you ready?” Sergio asked making Megan nod, she knew that he was concerned about taking her to the stadium since her father was one of the trainers that would be at the game today.

Megan sighed as she carefully pushed herself to her feet; she smiled at Sergio, who watched her concerned about how big she was getting with the twins.

“I’m fine,” Megan said making Sergio roll his eyes as he took her hand and pressed a kiss to it; he couldn’t believe that they were going to be parents in eleven weeks.

Sergio smiled at the sight of his ring that lay on her finger, he would do anything to make her happy and they would be tying the knot soon; he was hoping that everything would be okay.

“Are you sure you want to come today?” Sergio asked her as he walked her out of their home; Megan had been warned that she could run into her father today, however she had made her decision to attend today’s match.

“Sergio, he’s still my padre no matter what he has done,” Megan said making him frown, Sergio knew that she was right but he couldn’t forgive the man that had nearly taken her and their babies from him.

Megan sighed as she pulled him to a stop, she knew that he hated Gerard for what he had done to her and what he had tried to do with the twins; it had cost them what had originally been triplets.

Iker had told Megan all about what happened when Gerard made appearances at the first team’s training session; Sergio refused to be near he wasn’t going to forgive or forget.

“Sergio, I know you don’t like him… but he’s the only parent that I have ever truly known,” Megan said softly, she didn’t want this anger to eat up on all the good things that they had right now.

Sergio sighed as he ran a hand through his hair and looked at her knowing that she was right; he didn’t want this cloud hanging around them forever and he was sure that they would be okay.

Sergio pressed a kiss to her lips as they stepped out of their home; he closed and locked the door before leading her to his car, he wished that things could have been easier for them.

“I know nena, but he tried and nearly succeeded in taking you and the twins away from me,” Sergio said reaching the car; Megan sighed running her hand through his hair as he leant in to her touch, they had been through so much and they were still getting stronger.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Megan promised him, she didn’t want him doubting anything when they were getting so close to the birth; Sergio smiled as she pressed a kiss to his lips and pulled him into a hug.

***

Karl grinned at Megan quickly moving to make her comfortable since she was heavily pregnant; Lily smiled at her while the brunette sat down in her seat, the match would be starting soon.

“Hola, how are you this evening?” Lily asked softly looking at Megan who rested a hand on her bump; she was surprised that they had all taken her in after what their mother had done to them.

Megan smiled at her younger half-sister, things were so peaceful now that she hoped that it stayed that way; she didn’t want any more trouble and she wanted to focus on the twins.

“I’m fine Gracias,” Megan said making Lily nod, the two had formed a bond over the last few weeks and Lily was grateful for what her older siblings had done for her; her parents hadn’t been heard from since Megan and Sergio had thrown Maria out.

Rory smiled at his sister, he was wearing his favourite Xabi Alonso shirt and seemed to be bouncing in his seat; Karl rolled his eyes, it had been a while since they had all been together like this.

“He think’s you’ll introduce him to Alonso after the game,” Karl teased ruffing Rory’s hair making the younger man glare at him before he turned to look at his older sister hopefully.

Megan tried to hide her smile, she knew how much it would mean to Rory but she truly didn’t know any of Sergio’s team-mates well enough to organise something like that.

“I don’t know him… but Sergio might,” Megan said softly, she didn’t wish to get Rory’s hopes up when she didn’t know how the team would feel when the match finished.

Lily offered her some pringles making Megan smile at her, she took a couple as she watched the players start to warm up; she hoped that the match would go well.

Rory’s face light up at the mention of his future-brother-in-law, he knew that Megan wouldn’t want to leave Madrid; so he hoped that would be enough to keep Sergio at Real Madrid for the rest of his career.

“So how are you feeling about padre?” Karl asked making them all fall silent as they watched Megan take a deep breath, it wasn’t an easy subject to talk about; she had long since stopped being mad at him.

Megan didn’t know how to feel about the man that had sent her away, she was hurt that Gerard had done and she knew that the situation was a difficult one.

“I don’t know I miss him, I know that he wanted what was… what he thought was the best for me,” Megan said making Karl nod; she still loved their father and she wished that he hadn’t made her make a decision that she had never wanted to make.

Gerard had done everything in his power to provide for his children when their mother had left, even if he did make mistakes sometimes; he would always be Megan’s father.

The four turned their attention to the match, completely unaware that they were being watched by Gerard; he blinked back tears at his daughter’s words, he wanted nothing more than to speak with her and make things right.

But he didn’t deserve her forgiveness nor did he deserved to be a part of her life; quietly he slipped away from the box where his children was sitting, Megan was better off of without him and so were the others.

Gerard didn’t think he deserved to be a part of his daughter’s life, she was so happy with Sergio and he was blinded by his own ideals not to see it.

Gerard walked sadly back down the corridor, this would be the last time he would see his daughter; he hoped that Sergio would be able to look after her when he was gone.

Megan felt a cold chill run over her making Karl look at her, he raised an eyebrow at his sister wondering if she was okay; he had promised Sergio that he would keep an eye on her for the match.

“Just a chill… I’m fine,” Megan said forcing a smile to her face, she rested a hand on her bump hoping that everything was okay; she’d had a bad feeling and she didn’t think that it would be going away anytime soon.

Karl nodded his head, he was sure that if it was something to do with the twins that she would say; they needed to keep an eye on her after what had happened.

“So who do we think will win?” Rory asked turning everyone’s attention back to the match, there was no reason to worry over nothing.