4.Awkward

NOAH'S POV

"What made you have a crush on her?" Sarah's words kept repeating in my mind. Well after hearing her question I began to question myself. "Why do I love Leah?".

And if you ask me about Friday night well, that was awkward.

Flashback

I decided to walk with Sarah to her house after Leah did not pick up her call. She first declined me but I insisted to go with her. I knew Leah would not pick up her call and I didn't expect her also on a Friday night. She may be too busy with her boyfriend. 

Talking about her boyfriend made me sad and upset. I would begin to question myself "Am I not good looking enough?" or "What does Leah see in him which is not there in me?" 

"For how long have you being friends with Leah," Sarah asked suddenly.

I turned towards her. Talking about Sarah, she is too stubborn. I don't know what made me shout at her when she declined my offer to walk her home. I don't know why I did not let her go alone when she wanted to. I just didn't know why I came with her and thought about her safety when she is always a complete bitch to me.

"For 2 years" I replied answering her question.

"Oh. Ok. And what made you have a crush on her".

This question hit my mind.

"Why did I have a crush on Leah?"

I was thinking about this when I saw a car speeding towards Sarah. I did not think twice when I pulled her hand towards me. I lost balance and we both fell with her on top of me.

For a few seconds, we were just staring. I felt a spark go through my body when I looked into her eyes. But I pushed that thought at the back of my head. 

I saw her eyes turn wide after some time as she realized what position we were in. She got off me without wasting any second.

"My house has come. You can go now. Thank you.'' she said hurriedly with her eyes down.

"Yeah, I should be heading home".

I turned to leave when Sarah called me.

"Noah".

"Hmm". I  turned back facing her. "You want anything?"

"Thank you for saving my life". she said with a small smile.

I smiled back, nodded my head and left.

End of flashback.

Friday's incident brought a smile to my face. I didn't have any idea what I was smiling for but I just kept smiling like a mad person.

I was smiling to myself when I saw Leah standing in front of me and watching me. Her face was full of confusion seeing me smiling to myself. I actually didn't know for how long she was standing there.

"Is something wrong with my face?" Leah asked.

"No, a funny joke just came to my mind," I lied. I had no intention of telling Leah what had happened on Friday.

"Oh".

"What class do you have now?" I asked.

"Umm, English".

"Ok I have the same class, so let's go," I said.

"Sure".

"Liam and me our having problems again," Leah said suddenly breaking the silence.