20.Shocks and Fun

Sarah's POV

"Hello, Mr Brown. I am sorry we have sad news."

"What? Sad news?" I asked horrified. "Was Alex sick or something? What has happened to him?"

Suddenly the line went dead on the other side.

"Hello, Hello, Hello," I shouted through the phone. "Can you listen to me, hello?"

"Whom are you talking to Pooh?" Alex suddenly asked making me jump.

"Alex, I want to know the truth. What was that doctor talking about? Do not try to fool me," I said tears threatening to come out any moment.

"It's nothing, Sarah. There must have been a mistake. I will clarify with the doc once. He may have mistaken me with someone else."

"Are you sure?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, totally. A-one hundred per cent."

I looked at Alex still doubtful.

"Don't look at me like that. You are scaring me, woman."

"Shut up and let's go," I said shouting. A part of me believed him but somewhere it just did not feel right.

_______

"Didn't we buy too much for just two people?" I asked looking over the enormous pile of snacks and drinks. "I basically love food but this is going to take an eternity to finish off."

"Why worry when Alex is there to rescue?"

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "You better don't open your mouth next time and just fucking keep quiet."

"Whatever," he said, "Now just wait and watch." He took out his phone and started dialling a number.

"Whom are you calling?" I asked, curious.

"You will come to know. Just a sec."

"Heyy Lily," he started.

Oh, so he called Lily. Damn, that was a good idea. Why didn't it come to my mind?

"Ok, see ya then," Alex said and ended the call.

"That was seriously a good idea. Proud of you champ," I said patting his shoulder.

"I know, I always give good ideas. It's called talent, baby."

"Anyways I was joking. Tell me what did Lily say?"

"She said she is coming with Mike in five minutes," he said with a pout.

"Hmm, ok, then let's make the preparations," I said.

"Let's make the preparations," Alex said mimicking me sarcastically which earned him a chuckle from me and we continued working.

______

"Heyy Lil, how are you bitch?" I shouted, hugging her. No actually jumped on her.

"You are doing as if you never saw me for years. Did you do anything wrong, Sarah?"

"Yes, she did," Alex interrupted. "She went on a date without even informing us."

"Whatttttt a date? Why the fuck don't I know about this? You bitch I am gonna kill you. Alex help me. You know what to do."

"No No No. I am sorry. Please don't. Please don't tickle me. Please, I am sorry I beg you."

"Too late bruh."

They caught me and their torture started.

"Mike.....please-at-least....you.... help.... me. I-said...I-am....sorry. Lily-please-stop," I said between my laughs and teary eyes.