29.Busted

Sarah's Pov

So I was currently standing in front of Alex, head hung down and fidgeting with my fingers for the last ten minutes. Alex also kept staring at me and did not speak a word. He looked so tired and he had no hair because of the chemotherapy. Dozens of tubes were connected to him. He looked so pale and I could clearly see the sadness in his eyes. Noah and Lily were standing next to me staring at the both of us. The whole room was filled with an awkward silence.

"God, start talking also now," Lily started with an irritated tone.

"Uhm, I- wanted- I, Alex-," I started with my head still hung down.

"I am sorry Sarah," Alex said which caused me to swing my head up.

I looked at him and was greeted with a small sad smile. Tears begin to pour down my face without me even knowing also.

"I-am-sorry-Alex," I said between my sobs.

"Oh come here Pooh," he said with open arms.

I went and hugged him and continued crying with my head on his chest while he rubbed my back and consoled me.

"I love you, Alex. Please don't leave me. I will never do this with you. I know I was a complete bitch. I am so sorry. Please don't leave me. I know I have been a very bad friend. The worst friend. But please don't leave me. Please," I said still crying.

"I am also sorry Pooh. Please don't cry. I love you too. Calm down."

After 20 mins of crying my heart out, I calmed down. There was only me and Alex in the room because Noah and Lily thought they should give s some time to sort things out.

"Pooh, I need to tell you something."

"Go ahead," I replied.

"So as I said, I really don't have so much time left with me. I just wanted to say you please live your life to the fullest, Sarah. You know what Noah really loves you. I have seen it in his eyes. I wish you a great life. I just wish I could be there for you but you have to move on without me. Promise me, Sarah you will be good. Promise me, you will make good friends. Promise me, you will never be sad," with this he  pulled me into a tight hug. Tears threatened to come out of my eyes at the thought of losing my best friend but I pulled myself back.

[A/N: I am seriously literally crying right now.]

I stayed with Alex for another couple of hours when Noah came in.

"Hey guys. How are you feeling Alex?" he started.

"I am fine. Please take you girlfriend home. She seems to stick to me like a glue," He said and both of them chuckled.

"No I am not not leaving. I will stay here with Alex," I pouted.

"I guess you will not listen like that," Noah said and picked me up bridal style.

"What are you doing, you idiot?" I protested but he was way to stronger than me.

"Bye Alex, we will come again later."