25.The worst day ever

Sarah's POV

"Did you kiss anyone present in this room?"

My heart skipped a beat. My eyes widened.  Confusion took all over me. I could not speak a word. Beads of sweat began to form on my forehead. My hands started to shiver. My heart was pounding hard against my chest.

The answer was Noah. I had kissed Noah. What am I going to say? I cannot do this. There was silence all around me with all eyes on me.

"Sarah, are you there?" Carter asked shaking me.

"Ah, yes."

"Answer Sarah," Leah repeated.

"Please excuse me I need to use the washroom," Alex interrupted.

Wow, now I am left all alone to face this shit. I looked at Alex and saw him leaving the room in a hurry.

Seriously, fuck him. Is his pee so important than me?

I looked at Noah. He looked so uneasy and was shifting his position. He looked at me and instantly we both looked away.

"Sarah-"  Leah started but a ringing of a phone interrupted her.

"Its Alex's phone," Mike said holding it up.

I jumped off the bed and grabbed the phone from his hand. "I will go," I shouted and jumped off the chair.

All eyes were on me and I could clearly see the confusion in their eyes.

"I mean this could be his very important call. I will go and give it to him," saying this I ran out of the room with a feeling of conquering the world.

I was planning the death of Alex on my way for leaving me alone. Like how could he do this? I was angry and looked at the caller id of his ringing phone. It was an unknown caller. Something urged me to pick the call and I picked it up.

"Hello, is this Mr Alex? We got your final reports and we are very sorry to say you don't have much time left with you. You are in stage III cancer and we cannot say you the exact time you have with you," a female voice said from the other end.

My whole body froze. For a sec I felt that I am the one dying instead of Alex. Tears came running down.

"Hello, Mr Alex are you there? Hello? Hello?" the voice continued and I stood glued to that spot unable to move or think of what to do next.

"Sarah?" I heard Alex's voice from behind. It felt like I did not have any courage to face him. The call was disconnected but my tears did not stop.

"Sarah answer me. What are you doing and whom are you talking to? Wait a sec, is that my phone?"

He came over to me and I turned my teary face handing him the phone.

"Who called Sarah? Why the fuck aren't you answering? Answer me. Look at me, Sarah. I am asking-." He said making Mre face him.

"Why the fuck are you crying? What's wrong?" he asked worried and confused,

"You are dying Alex?" I asked with pools of tears running down my face.