22.Kiss gone wrong!

Sarah's POV

 We all reached our destination after a two hours drive.

"Oh my god, this is so beautiful!" I exclaimed at the sight before me.

"You like it?" Carter asked standing next to me.

"Yes, this is heavenly," I replied, still lost in the view.

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. The lake was glittering. The air felt so fresh. Birds chirping. Soft breezes blowing. It just calmed my soul down. I opened my arms and took in the fresh air. "So relaxing," I said to myself.

"Who wants to go exploring?" Mike shouted from behind.

"That's a good idea. I'm in," I said excitedly.

"It is no doubt a good idea but if everyone goes exploring who will set up things here?" Alex said killing the vibe.

"I think Sarah is fit for that job," Lily said with a grin. I could very well understand she was up to something.

"Why me?" I said frowning. "There is no way, I am doing it."

"So let's vote then," Alex said with a hint of mischievousness in his eyes.

"Aghhh... Why is it even coming down to these things?" I said, cause I very well knew they are going to vote for me. 

"Do you want a vote or want to do things yourself?"

"Whatever," I said rolling my eyes. 'Isn't both the same.'

______

As expected, I was the one to be voted by the majority.

"You guys know right this isn't fair at all," I protested.

"That's how we roll baby," Lily said.

'"hat's how we roll baby,"  I said mimicking Lily.

"Anyone wants to volunteer to help Sarah?" Lily asked looking at Carter.

I clearly understood what she was up to. Oh god, this girl!

"Can I ?" Carter asked.

"No there's no need. You go and enjoy I can manage," I said like an express train.

"If that's the case, Carter you can help Sarah," Lily said completely ignoring my words.

"But-"

'No more questions. No more buts. A lot of time is wasted. Let's go guys. Bye Sarah and Carter. Enjoy," Lily said giving us a thumbs-up sign.

"Yes, enjoy," I said with a sigh.

"So shall we start?" Carter asked scratching the back of his head. He really looked adorable and could make any girl swoon. Though I found it cute though, something in my heart just couldn't make a connection with him.

"I don't think we have any other option," I said with a small smile and started with the work.

______

Carter's POV

"You really didn't have to do that for me," Sarah said while setting up the tables.

"Do what?" I asked confused.

"This. Staying back to help me and missing all the fun."

"That's really fine. Besides, I get to spend time with you and that is enough fun for me."

"Flirting again huh?" Sarah said with a smirk.

"As you take it," I replied with the same air.

I was glad that the awkwardness between us was decreasing. Sarah really impressed me in every way. She made me happy. Seeing her beautiful face was all I wanted.

"Hey, careful. What are you even thinking?" Sarah came running to me.

I was so lost in her thoughts that I just didn't realize when I had cut my finger while adjusting the barbeque grills.

"What is wrong with you? You have cut your finger and it seems as if nothing has happened. Let me see. Don't you feel any pain?" Sarh asked with worry in her eyes.

"Seeing your beautiful face just heals everything," I said. I was so lost in her that the pain really did not matter at all.

"Stop it, will you? Come with me. I will put some medicine," Sara said pulling me towards the car.

I was just lost in her while she was tending me. It was the best feeling in the world. She looked so beautiful. Her beautiful brown eyes and pinkish lips. She looked pretty with her hair all over her face. I really felt a very strong urge to kiss her.

Sarah's POV

"Here you go-" I was interrupted when Carter tugged a strand of my hair behind my ear and held my cheeks.

His eyes were still on me and his face was so close. This really gave me goosebumps.

"Is he going to kiss me?" A thousand thoughts crossed my mind in lightening speed.

He began to bring his closer to me.

Oh God, did I even want to kiss him? But why am I not doing anything?  I was fixed to that spot. My body became stiff. Do I really want this to happen? Someone just stop this. 

'No, don't kiss me. Stop it, Sarah. Oh god-'

'Sarah?-'

______

Holla, my loves!!!!

Did you miss me? CAUSE I MISSED YOU GUYS LIKE HELL!!!!

What did you like and dislike in this chapter... comment below.

"IMPORTANT:

As you all know coronavirus is becoming very deadly with each second passing. Please don't go out and maintain social distancing. Wash your hands and use a mask. Drink a lot of water to keep yourselves hydrated. Let's all fight corona together. We can do this. #letsfightcorona"

____

Thank you for reading. Click that yellow star to make it yellow to VOTE!

Until next time,

Love Love.