16.Is it a new start?

Sarah's POV

'Beeppppp, beepppp'

I woke up to the stupid sound of my alarm clock. First time in my life I did not have the urge to sleep any longer, so I got up.

I drew apart my curtains apart to welcome the morning rays with the fresh morning breeze. The weather was just perfect.

I stood there thinking about the events going on in my life. It was hard to get Noah out of mind.

'Was I becoming selfish?'

'Yes,' my conscience spoke.

'Holy shit, yes.'

'I am getting jealous of Leah, my best friend which I shouldn't.'

'And moreover, I was making Lily and Alex worry about me.'

'What am I doing?'

'Where is the bubbly, happy and smiling me?' I thought face palming myself.

'Where is that Sarah who loved to go out and get along with friends?'

"I have to fix everything that I have ruined. Forget Noah, Sarah. You can do it. And the main point is Noah is now your best friend's boyfriend. Becoming the old Sarah will not be hard. I can assure you," I spoke to myself.

Yes, I will become the old Sarah.

"Sarah, are you there?" My mom's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Whom are you talking to? Is someone inside?"

I quickly opened my door to let my mother in.

"No mom, there is no one."

"But I heard voices," she protested.

"Maybe your ears are ringing," I lied. "Like who wants to tell their mother they were speaking to no one but themselves."

"Whatever it is, come down in 5 mins, breakfast will be served. And please for God's sake Sarah just don't go on crying and talking to yourself for what-so-ever reason,' she said with a grin plastered on her face.

I looked at her in horror. "How does she... I mean.... how did she know?'

"Now don't look at me like that. I am your mom. Like whom are you trying to fool even? Moms know everything."

I instantly hugged her. "Thanks, mom."

"Hmm. Now move that lazy ass of yours and come down."

"Yes, milady," I said saluting her.

She chuckled and went downstairs.

I took a quick hot shower and came out ready to start my day.

Since my day had started off so well, I thought of dressing up a little nicer.

I applied some mascara, eyeliner, and a little lip gloss. I put on my white off-shoulder top and paired it with blue shorts. I put on a lovely blue floral earning which had cute little pearls hanging at its end and put on my high heeled ankle boots.

Then I braided my hair and pulled out some straps of hair.

(Sarah's Ootd)

"Remember to be yourself, Sarah," I reminded myself again.

'Ping.' A notification brought me out of my thoughts.

I checked my phone to see a notification from the dating app that Lily had forcefully installed on my phone. I even forgot that it existed.

Well, it was a sort of blind dating app and you don't get to know anything about the person untill you meet him in person, except his name and occupation.

'Congrats, you have got a date.'

I was going to decline it when a brilliant idea stuck in my mind.

'Why can't I just go for it? Yes, I will definitely try it.'

I quickly tapped on the profile.

'Carter James. 1st year of college.'

'Ok, fine with me.'

I accepted the request and a message popped up showing "Hey it's Carter this side. So, let's meet today. Coffee express Cafe,  at 11. Is it fine with you?"

I replied with a, "Sure, I will be there."

It was already 9: 30 so there was no time to redress. I thought I looked presentable for a first date and decided not to change.

I rushed downstairs to find my mom washing dishes and my father doing some written work that was beyond my understanding.

"Oh my my, Sarah you look beautiful. Where are you off to?" My mom asked.

"Well, mom I have a date at 11," I replied.

My dad stopped his work and looked up at me and my mom just stood still, not moving, both looking at me without moving their gazes. It looked as if time had frozen and I stood there a little confused.

"Mom, dad, everything okay?' I asked.

"Did I just hear a date?" my mom asked.

"Yes, I think I said that only," I replied confused.

"My daughter has really grown so much," my mom said faking tears.

"But isn't it too early for her to date," my father said possessively.

"What are you even saying? Sarah, don't listen to your father. All the best for your date," my mother said cheering.

"Just promise me, you'll be safe,"  my father said with concern in his eyes.

"Yes, dad. Time to cheer up daddy," I said hugging him.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled at him. Then I hugged my mom and got ready to leave.

My mom showed me a thumbs up and blew a flying kiss. I acted as if I caught it and brought it close to my heart and at last waved at them.

My parents were really one of a kind.

_______

Hi Lovely sweethearts!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

SARAH HAS GOT A DATEEEEE!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

Did you'll like this chapter? COMMENT BELLOW!!!!

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE ABOUT THE DATE.

SO, UNTIL NEXT TIME.

Do not forget to VOTE.

BYEEEE.