26.That night

Sarah's Pov

It has been two weeks since I talked with Alex. Since the big fight, we didn't see each other's faces also. I had heard from Lily that, that very same night something happened between Noah and Leah also. Everything was so jumbled and messed up around us.  And as far as Carter was concerned, are conversations became very frequent, mostly because I didn't feel the urge to reply.

"Hey, Sar."

"Hey, Lil," I said like a half-dead body. My eyes had bags under them. My hair was all over sticky. My head felt so heavy. All over I looking like a total zombie.

"You aren't eating properly nowadays, right? Just look at yourself. You will fall sick like this. And moreover, finals are so close-."

"Any update on Alex?" I asked interrupting her.

"No, bro. He is not answering my texts. Will you please tell me what happened that night that both of you are not talking for so long? The buddies who could not live without talking to each other are not talking. Wow."

"I am not the one who should tell you, Lil," I said and got up. I needed some alone.

"Where are you going?"

"Usual place. Need some alone," I said and left.

Noah's POV

Three weeks have passed since the incident. Getting over it was not so easy but at the same time, it was not quite difficult also. The situation was very messy all around. I was going towards the field when I noticed Sarah sitting under the school's old banyan tree.

She looked so dead and hollow. She was staring at the field and did not even notice me when I went and sat beside her.

"Have to say the view is really amazing," I said and she turned her face.

"It surely is," she replied looking in front again.

We sat there in total silence when she asked suddenly, "So what happened between Leah and you that day? If you don't mind me asking."

The horried memories of that night returned and I shut my eyes.

"You don't have to say me if you don't want to," She said with guilt in her eyes.

"No, it's fine. It's absolutely fine. I will tell you. Nothing to hide. But before that just a question. Are you together with Carter?"

"No I am not," came a blunt reply. "Why ask?"

"Cause I have to say you something."

"Go on."

"That night when both of you left, we decided to leave both of you alone for some time. I went ahead of Lily and Mike and as soon I was about to enter I overheard a conversation between Carter and Leah." I paused.

"What was it?" she asked.

Throwback

I was about to go inside when I heard Carter saying, " You know right you are my brother's girlfriend?"

"Very well. But do you know you have always attracted me? Why be with that bitch Sarah when you have me?"

"She is your best friend right?"

"Fuck them both. It was always about using. Let me be frank baby, I always get what I want and right now I want you."

I stepped inside to see my brother and my girlfriend kissing.

"Leah?" I called out my voice cracking. "Carter, you too."

I was in short of words. I was shocked by just what happened now but to be honest I wasn't too affected cause I had someone else in my heart. 'Sarah'

It was quite a shock for me though. Their faces turned red on seeing me entering.

"It was a mistake bro. She seduced me into doing this," Carter tried to defend himself.

"You know what I don't give a fuck. It's over between us Leah. And Carter please don't ruin Sarah's life. She is a very good girl. She deserves way better."

"You got it all wrong Noah," Leah said with teary eyes. "Listen to me-"

"You think I care?" I said. Meanwhile Lily and Mike had come and I left without a further word.

End of throwback

By the end of my story, I saw tears forming in Sarah's eyes.

"Really, why Leah?" she said I burst into tears. "I trusted her so much."

"I know it's hard but you have to believe the truth," I said patting her shoulder to console her.

"Why did she have to do this?" she said and hugged me burying her face in my neck.

Firecrackers bursted in my stomach. I hugged her back.

"Don't cry, Sarah. It's okay."

"I am so sorry," she said pulling away and I instantly started to miss her touch.

"How are you doing with Carter?"

"Honestly, Carter is my brother and the best buddy I ever had. I lost him too that day. I really miss the bonding we shared. But what can I do now? Have to move on with the truth."

We sat there in silence for quite sometime when suddenly Sarah stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Thank you so much, Noah, for informing me. I need to leave now. Have to teach someone a very good lesson."

_______

Hola guys!

And the next chp is here!!!! Did you'll like it? Comment below.

Thanks for reading!

Press the yellow star to vote.

Until next time,

Byeee

Love Love.