23.Forgiven and Forgotten

Sarah's POV

Oh my god, that was so embarrassing. It shouldn't have turned out like that.

Sarah, really why are you so stupid.

Flashback:

"Sarah-"

I immediately pushed Carter away after hearing Alex's voice. My face had already turned into a red tomato and I dared not to look up to meet anyone's face.

"I have a lot of work. I need to go now," I said and rushed out from there.

'What was I even thinking?'

End of flashback

Currently, we were all sitting together having our lunch. Lily was going on talking and I just kept nodding my head without a word. Alex was sitting beside me and Carter was on the other end. Nobody spoke a word among the three of us. I just couldn't divert myself from the thought that what was going to happen.

"Sarah? Sarah? Sarah, are you there?" I came into my senses with Lily shouting at me.

"Really woman, I am not deaf," I said rubbing my ears.

"Oh really. I am calling you for the past 5 mins. What are you even thinking? Did something happen while we were not here?"

Alex suddenly began to cough from beside me.

"Wait a sec, did something really happen? Why is Alex acting so weird?"

Alex did not say a word more. Carter looked somewhere else. I turned towards Lily with a weird smile and said, "Lil, why don't we finish our lunch and go for a good walk by the lake. Just you and me. Let's have some girl time while the boys can have their own time."

Lily seemed to be totally confused and anyways she agreed quietly. I knew she was not convinced and I had to explain to her everything.

Can the day get any more embarrassing?

_______

"What. Did. You. Say?" Lily said shouting.

"Lower your voice you ass," I said trying to calm her down.

"Carter was trying to kiss you? Why didn't you give in? Like, I mean, he is clearly so handsome and totally interested in you."

"That's not the point Lil. Earlier when he was trying to kiss me, I just didn't want it to happen. It felt like I was doing something wrong and somewhere in my heart I am grateful to Alex that he interrupted us."

"Why did you even call him on this trip then?"

"I cannot deny the fact that I was attracted to him. But I understood that it was just outer attraction and inside I cannot really feel a connection with him."

"Well if that's the case don't you have anyone whom you like? I can't see you single all your life," Lily said joking.

Instantly, images of Noah flooded in my mind.

"Sar, why are you zoning out like this?" Lily asked with a worried expression.

"Nothing Lil, it's just that I really like-."

"Hey, Sarah," Alex came running towards us and in the process interrupting me.

"What's wrong now Alex?" I asked turning towards him.

"Please- Don't- Be -Mad -At- Me-For-Ruining your- Kiss," Alex said trying to catch his breath.

I chuckled. "No, Alex I am not mad at you. I am on the other hand happy that you saved me from doing something that I would regret later."

"Ya, cause you like Noah right?" Alex said and instantly regretted saying it.

What the fuck Alex? What did you do?

"What? Repeat what you said right now? It is not true right? Lily's expression was filled with horror.

"It is true Lil and that is what I was going to say you right now."

"Sarah you know right he is Leah's boy-"

"I know. I know very nicely. But I can't help it. I have tried a lot of times but I just can't succeed in forgetting him."

"Why am I knowing this now? What else do I don't know Sar? Please be honest," she said sounding very serious. It was very rare that LIly is serious, and when she is, she means it. So, I honestly said, "Noah and I kissed on prom night," I said my head hanging down.

"What?" Lily said horrified.

"Yes, it is true," I said with teary eyes. " I just don't know what to do? I will never come between Leah and Noah. But I just don't know what to do about my feelings?" I said bursting out.

"Sar don't cry. It's ok. Just forget everything. Wipe your tears girl. I know you are strong," Lily said hugging me.

"Oh God, is the strongest girl of all crying?" Alex said grinning.

"Shut up Lex," I said and gave him a friendly punch.

"Ouch woman. You are seriously something," Alex said and we all burst laughing.

"Now that we all are good let's go continue our picnic. I really don't have any idea what Carter and Mike may be doing? Alex where did you leave them?" Lily asked.

"Nothing much. We were just chatting."

"Lily, do you really forgive me?" I asked.

"Forgive and forgotten," Lily said smiling and hugging me.

"I love you guys so much," I said and jumping and hugged them.

I really do love them so much.

_______

Outside Sarah's house

It was really sad that our amazing trip came to an end.

"So, guys I have something to announce," Carter said suddenly. "Next week my birthday is coming up and I would like every one of you to be present there. It is not such a big one and just a few people will be present. Will, you'll come?

"Surely bro. Why not?" Mike said. "We all will be present."

"Sarah, you are coming right?" Carter asked.

"Yes....surely," I said. I really could not deny his request.

"Thank you, guys. Meet you next week. I will text you my address and time," Carter said and left.

I was really exhausted and went to bed thinking about today's events and drifted off to sleep.

______

Hey guys!!!
Hope you liked this chapter. Comment below!!
I hope you guys and safe and in good health.
Wish you all the good luck.
Don't forget to make the star yellow to vote.
Until next time,
LOVE LOVE.