Sickness and In Health {43}

{June 8th, 2019, Capital FM Summertime BallLondon, UKNick-26, Mel- 24}

{June 8th, 2019,
Capital FM Summertime Ball
London, UK
Nick-26, Mel- 24}

Melissa wasn't good at hiding many things from Nick, he was too vigilant when it came to her. She hadn't been feeling the best, she was tired and felt dizzy all day. She especially didn't want the other boys or the crew to find out about her feeling ill.

Things were starting to get a little crazy, with the boys going to many different cities, every couple of days. Thankfully, Nick had been so distracted with the latest Jonas Brothers media spots, that he hadn't realized that Melissa was not herself. It was a good thing she supposed as she didn't want to worry her curly haired boyfriend.

The boys had just gone on stage a few minutes prior, and everyone; especially the boys would be busy for the next few hours. Melissa had grabbed Nick's bomber jacket from the dressing room, shrugging the material over her shoulders.

Her small body was curled in a ball on the couch in the cramped room, the time slowly ticked by. Her mind reeling as she tried her hardest to wish away the pain that wouldn't stop.

John Taylor came in after softly knocking on the door, and he stopped immediately in his tracks. "Mel, hey... are you okay?" he questioned, crouching down beside her. Her head nodded in response and she kept her brown eyes closed tight.

"Are you sure?" he mumbled, reaching up to rest the back of his hand against her forehead, her small body shivered from how cold his skin was. "What... W-What are you...?" she stuttered out, moaning.

"You have a fever, my dear." he said softly, standing up to grab the blanket that was resting on the top of the couch. "Nick had me come get you cause he requested for you to be at side stage."

Melissa groaned, and placed her arm over her face, "Do I have to?" she asked, even though her heart swelled with love for the curly-headed Jonas.

"I just have a headache, and have felt a bit dizzy." she explained, standing up and let JT wrap the blanket around her.

"I'll get you a seat and a bottle of water, how about that?" he asked, then a second or two later; he spoke the request into his walkie talkie.

The two of them made their way to the arena area, the music and screams getting louder as they got closer. John wouldn't let go of her as they slowly but surely walked. But as Melissa kept walking, she felt so dizzy that she was seeing double. "Shit..." she mumbled, running towards the nearest bathroom.

As she kneeled in the bathroom, she began to get sick and coughed loudly. She threw up everything she had eaten that day. A few minutes later, she walked out of the small bathroom, looking over at John.

"Maybe you shouldn't go out there, Mel..." he suggested, but was interrupted as Phil came up, frantic. "What are you two doing here?! Nick is waiting for Mel on stage!"