Chapter 9

"So. What's it like?"

While you were walking, Damien struck up some conversation.

"What do you mean?" You look at him, confused.

"Well, what you were talking about earlier." He answered. "Being a fan of something for so long, and ending up being able to hang out with them every day. Your whole life is flipped. Seems pretty bizarre if you really think about it." Seems like his thoughts were going pretty deep into the situation. "You must feel really lucky."

...what do I say without ending up seeming like a depressed mushroom?

"Well, I do feel lucky." You reply. "Weird thing is, most people don't even get a chance to hang out with their idols for even a day. An even less amount get to become friends with them. But the whole situation, it has its ups and downs."

"What do you mean by that?" Damien's eyes were awoke with wonder and curiousity, like a cat seeing a laser pointer for the first time.

"Well, in the beginning, everything you normally think about is from a fan's perspective. Now, I need to switch that train of thought off and get used to thinking a different way."

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." He nods his head in approval, though approval doesn't seem needed. "Well, if there's anything I can do to help, you can count on me!" He gives you a thumbs up and a smile. It's the "Nice Guy Pose" from Naruto... hehe. You giggle at him.

"Alright! Guess I know who to call during sad boi hours in the middle of the night and I feel like everything around me is a lie." You joked and winked at him.

"Don't worry, I'm always awake in the middle of the night. Probably should stop watching anime until 2 am." He smirked.

"Well, going back to what we were talking about before-"

"Oh, right. Sorry, I went off-track." He scratched his head awkwardly.

"It's fine. Anyways, sometimes everything feels awkward for some reason as well. Like you feel that your idols will always look at you as just someone who likes their work, like an interviewer. Never like... an actual friend."

You start to stare at the ground, thinking too much about what you just said. 

"Well, you shouldn't worry about that." Damien says. You look at him, raising an eyebrow.
"You're a great person. I promise you, give it a few days and that problem will go away like that." He snapped his fingers and grinned at you. You smile back.

You have to ask sooner or later, y'know... alright. You clear your mind and start to speak. "Hey, Damien?" You look at him slightly seriously.

"Is there something wrong, (y/n)?  You suddenly don't look so... you." He looked you up and down.

"Well, I just want to ask you something... about what happened at the party a couple days ago." He stared at you a little shocked, but calmed down after a few seconds.

"Hey, it's alright." He stops walking and stops you as well, with just a tap of the hand on your shoulder. You look at him, puzzled. We stood in a hallway, with no one else around.

Now, where have I seen this situation before?

You relax as if you're floating on air, yet you feel your hands turn to fists in nervousness.
He gently places his thumb and index finger on your chin and raised your head slightly to look into his eyes.

"It was just a slight interruption."

As you both lean in yet again, it looked like Damien realized something, as his eyes go wide and pull away. "Shoot! We're going to be late for the video!"

You check your watch and you notice it as well. "We better hurry!"

Both of you start running, with Damien in front leading the way, with neither of you acknowledging what happened.

1 quick run later
.
.
.
"Yo, what took you guys so long?" Boze said. Her, Wes, and some others were sitting in the chairs around the room in front of a bunch of screens. "Also, nice to finally meet you, (y/n)."

"Thanks, it's good to meet you too." You replied shyly.

"We just had... a situation to deal with before we came to shoot the video." Damien quickly made an excuse. You glance at him, and he looks back, and gives you a nod. Thank goodness. Everything's fine.

"Well, you're lucky that we've been having some issues with the computers. Otherwise, the blame for the off schedule would be on you guys." Wes said.

"And... fixed!" Matt was at one computer and all of a sudden shouted. "Sorry if that was loud. Turns out there was a little error in the game's files, so we should be good now." He looked at everyone in the room with a smile.

"Alright, let's get started!" Damien exclaims. He sits down in front of one of the computers. "Oh (y/n), you can sit right here." He gestures to the chair next to him. You hesitate, but walk over to the screen besides him.

"Let's play!"

A/N: Yayyyy, your first video is going to happen! And yes, I am going to ignore the fact that I led you on for the second time in this book. It's too much power, of course I would screw around with it every now and then. Anyways, there may be a slight change in schedule because I just realized that the first idea for this story was absolute trash. Unless I can fix it and still stay on schedule, it will happen soon. Please don't be mad at me.