Chapter 17

Damien's POV

1 fort-building session

The fort was finished and we were all lying down inside of it. Building it was a whole lot of fun, and I may have made (y/n)'s nose bleed due to an extreme pillow fight. She was okay, though.

"I'm so tired." (y/n) admitted.

"Same." I agreed. "My arms feel like jello."

Suddenly, Shayne sprung up from his seat and ran to the kitchen.

"Oookay." I said. "Hey Shayne, what are you doing?" I shouted.

"You'll see!" He reappeared with a tray covered in foil in his hands. He ducked under the makeshift roof and sat down. "I took them out of the oven before you both came back."

He took off the cover and revealed a bunch of cupcakes decorated with icing and sprinkles, bigger than average; like the size of a 12 year old's palm. I saw (y/n)'s eyes sparkled in excitement like a 7 year old. The scent of vanilla, chocolate, and sugar wafted in the air. I inhaled the smell and felt at ease.

"I never knew you baked." I said.

"That's because I usually don't. I just thought that it'd be fun. They actually came out of the oven not too long ago."

"Are they cool now?" (y/n) asked.

"Yup. Take as many as you want." He held out the tray. Me and (y/n) took 4 each, leaving 4 for Shayne. "Well, that worked out well. I didn't even plan that."

"Yeah I-" I looked over to (y/n), who shoved 2 cupcakes into her mouth at the same time. There was regret written all over her face. Shayne noticed as well and we all burst out laughing. (y/n) was too, but it sounded more like happy muffles as she covered her mouth, trying to keep it all in. She finally managed to swallow and continued to laugh. "Well, she's already digging in, so I will too."

With that, I stuffed my face as well, with one vanilla and one chocolate cupcake. (y/n) saw me copy her stupid mistake, and she got even louder. Her laugh was angelic. Shayne shrugged and did the same, screaming as he put them in his mouth. (y/n) was holding her sides as me and Shayne struggled to chew.

"YOU IDIOTS!" She joked between snickers.

"Hey, shut up! You were the one who did it first!" I tried to say. It came out as just "Hmm, shmm mm, mmm wmmm thm mm wmm mfdfdf fmmt!" She ignored my comment, and continued to laugh. I got the food down, and so did Shayne. I let out a loud sigh. "That felt like forever."

"You're both so stupid." (y/n) said. I crossed my eyes and stuck out my tongue. She did her cute little giggle and that makes me want to scream and kiss her.

"Well, now that that's done, what do you guys want to do next?" Shayne said.

"Oh, I got an idea." (y/n) answered, pulling out her phone. I got a peek at her home screen and... it's me!

She didn't say anything about it, she just kept quiet. WHY IS HER HOME SCREEN ME? She typed in some things and pulled up a video on YouTube, posted by Glamour. The title was The Try Guys Take a Friendship Test | Glamour. "You guys wanna take this friendship test with each other?"