Chapter 22

Damien is standing in front of the doorway, wearing the beanie you made him. His wearing my beanie will never not make me happy. He was also wearing a (f/c) long sleeve, rolled up to his elbows, a flannel tied around his waist, some black jeans, and black shoes. Besides his outfit, he was holding snacks in a bag in one hand and in the other... another bag... along with... flowers?

"I'm sorry, I was just going to knock, but then you started singing and uh..." he trailed off.

"It's okay. And I think that's a compliment, so thanks?" You replied awkwardly.

"Yeah. Do you take singing lessons?"

"No, it's just a past-time. Anyways, come on in!" You stepped aside, letting him walk in.

"Where should I put these?" He held up the items in hand.

"You can put the snacks on the coffee table, and uh..." You swallowed hard. "...why did you bring flowers?" You said, a little flustered.

"Oh, these?" Damien looked at the bouquet. "I guess I thought it'd be a nice gesture, uh do you like (y/f/f)?" He tilted the flowers to me.

"Yeah, their actually my favorite type." You giggle.

"Now that's some coincidence." He joked.

"And the other bag?"

"You'll see." He said vaguely. I wanna knowww. You sighed with an annoyed smile took the flowers from his hand and placed them in an empty vase on your kitchen table as Damien lies the snacks down on the coffee table in front of the couch, placing the gift next to them.

"So," You put your hands in your pockets and shrug. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. You got any video games we could play?" He suggested.

"Actually, I do." You walk to the TV and turn on your Xbox. "Let's see what we have to work with." You grab the two controllers and as you walk to the couch where Damien was sitting, you hand him one.

He takes it and you sit on the couch beside him.

"Well," You sigh. "I still need to beat... Cuphead." You moron, he probably finished the game by himself! What makes you think he'll play that with you?

Damien gives you a confused look. "Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?"

"Well, you recorded playing it with Shayne two years ago, and since you've probably already have beaten it, I thought you... wouldn't want to play." You stare at the ground, unable to meet his eyes.

After a moment of silence, Damien spoke up. "I'm game." He responds with a smile. You give him a suspicious look. "Seriously." He nods his head. "So, how far are you?"

"Well, I usually can't play with others," Like a loser with no friends. "So I play by myself. Plus, I'm not that good." Unlike this God right beside me. "Anyways, I believe it's the second world. I just got the game a couple weeks ago."

"Alright! Let's start!" Damien said, throwing his fist into the air.

"Yay, teamwork!" You pump your fist up as well, and you guys high five before immediately going back to the game.
.
.
.
It's been around an hour, and with the power of f r i e n d s h i p, you guys have made it to the casino.