Chapter 22

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING WHICH CAN BE SENSIBLE FOR SOME READERS:

A lot of words since it's the last chapter :V

Cuteness overload (I'm not kidding, your UWU machines will be broken after this)

Softie Tae

If I cried while writing. . . You shall cry too. (They're happy tears tho, don't worry)

. . . . Let's fly now into this chapter shall we? . . .

Today was Huening Kai's ceremony, so his court members were helping him look nice and ready by adorning his falling wings with flowers as well as a red cape that he was supposed to wear for the occasion.

Sang Hee -another teacher at the angeling court- sneezed as a feather brushed against her nose. "Ugh, since when did your feathers start to fall off at the slightest touch?" She said, adorning his wings with pretty pink flowers as Taeyang and Soomin came fluttering with a flower crown that they had made for Huening Kai.

"I really don't know what's the point," Jung Hyung -Sang Hee's apprentice- rolled his eyes, brushing Huening Kai's hair. "Why do we have to adorn his wings with flowers when they'll disappear anyways?"

Sang Hee threw a flower at him. "Quiet, you would like to look nice and ready for your reincarnation too."

"Don't be too harsh on him," Huening Kai finally said, looking at Jung Hyung, remembering his own apprentice days. "He's still a young angel, he'll get it someday."

Sang Hee smiled, caressing his cheek. "Ah, I'm really gonna miss having you around, you're so lovely." Huening Kai let out a giggle as Sang Hee kissed his nose before giving her apprentice a glare. "Jung Hyung would've really learned something about being calm and collective."

Jung Hyun rolled his eyes but kept quiet, knowing that if he said a bitter-sweet comment, he would probably get another prickly flower thrown at him.

Soomin pouted. "It's not fair though. . ." She sat on Huening Kai's lap like she always did when he braided her hair before looking at him with wide sad eyes. "Why must you leave?"

"Yeah." Taeyang agreed, sitting beside Soomin as he looked up at Huening Kai as well. "Can't you stay? . . .Pleas?"

"Yeah, stay with us Huening Kai! We'll be good angelings, we promise!"

Huening Kai's heart began to melt as Soomin and Taeyang stared at him with wide, pleading eyes as their lips quivered. Ever sense he had been assigned to be their mentor, him and the two angelings had become very close, it'll hurt to know that they'll have to continue their training without him.

But before Huening Kai could gently explain to the angelings why he had to leave, Jung Hyun butted in, his tone annoyed.

"Will you two quit whining? Huening Kai will have to leave either way. Even if you plead him to stay." Jung Hyun snapped, attaching Huening Kai's reincarnation cape, which had also been decorated with pretty white and golden flowers.

Taeyang and Soomin whined even louder as they pressed themselves against Huening Kai, who smiled at them, kissing their heads and stroking their hair.