Ice Cream

We lay there for awhile thinking.
"What are you thinking about?" He asks me.
"What would happen if you won. Imagine traveling. Singing in front of a lot of people. Making people happy. Having crazy fans." He laughs at the last part.
"I haven't thought about that. I mean the show hasn't even started yet."
"I know but it's nice to imagine. And you never know. What if you do win?"
"But then I would be traveling and you have to go to school."
"Oh yeah," I say sadly. He puts his hand on my chin.
"Let's just focus on what is happening right now. Ok?"
"Ok. So then let's ask your mom about it and then we'll pick a song."
"What if she says no?" He asks.
"What if she says yes?" I smile

I grab his hand and we go to the kitchen. We see her and Erick doesn't say anything. I hit his arm. He clears his throat. Then his mom looks at us. She smiles and says, "Hola niños."
"Hola mami." He says.
"Hola Señora." He didn't say anything so I give him a stare like saying come on.
"Mama vi un comercial que hay audiciones para tratar de ganar y ser parte de una banda."
"Ah si? Y quieres tratar mijo?"
"Si..."
"Que bueno hijo!" She seemed really excited.
"Cuando es y en donde?" We gave her all the information and she said that we could go.

"Do you have paper?" He gave me some and a pen.
"Ok in Spanish right?" I ask.
"Yes."
"Ok what are some of your favorite songs?"
"Ay Vamos, Tranquila, La Temperatura, Cuando Me Enamoro, Un Siglo Sin Ti-"
I interrupted him.
"SI ESA!"
"Un Siglo Sin Ti?"
"Si! Pero si queries puedes cantar otra."
"No creo que esa me va salir muy bien."
"Ok now you have to practice singing it." I say.
"I know all the words."
"Yeah but you still have to practice. Do you want to go get ice cream to celebrate?"
"Yes!" We go to La Michoacána. I get a mangonada and he gets a oreo ice cream. We eat there. He takes some of mine and I take some of his. He pushes the ice cream up my nose.
"ERICK BRIAN COLON ARISTA!"
"Opps." He says laughing. Then he kisses my cheek. I wipe it off my nose and I was about to put some of my ice  cream on him but then we see Diamond.
"Hi Erick." She bites her lip. She looks funny doing it and I start to laugh.
"What are you laughing at?"
"You." I say and she looks like she is about to strangle me which makes me laugh even more. Erick laughs too.
"Why were you two looking so lovey dovey before I came?" Erick puts his arm around my shoulder and I put my head on his shoulder.
"Because she is my girlfriend." He says like its nothing and smiles. I giggle.
"QUE USTEDES QUE?!?" She shrieks. Even the lady there gives her a mean look.
"QUE ESTAMOS JUNTOS SORDA!" Me and Erick laugh so hard. She leaves stomping. That makes us laugh even harder. We finish our ice cream.
"Ya vámonos mi novia." He stands up and stretches out his hand. I stay there for a while and look at him and his hand outstretched. I want to remember this forever. A million things pop into my head. What if he does win and he has to leave me? Of course I want him to do it but I'll miss him. And I want to remember things like this. I want to record every moment with him so the memories last forever. I smile.