Hoping This Is a Dream

Veronica's POV

Lisette told me that I should have told him sooner and I should've listened. This was all on me. I lost him. And I doubt that I'm getting him back. When he took off his bracelet it felt horrible. It felt like I lost everything. And I did. I gave him the ring back because if I kept it, it would be a reminder that I failed him. That I couldn't keep his promise. I do love him but I broke his heart. When I walked away I knew that it might be the last time that I'd ever see him. I looked back and I saw his beautiful green eyes. The sad look on his face. It pained me to see him like this. I made him like this. It was the worst sensation ever. I walked away and then I ran away. I just wanted to go home. I ran through the halls of the arena to the exit. I bumped into someone.
"Sorry," I say. I dont look up to see who it is. I just try to run away but that same person grabs my arm.
"What's wrong?" Christopher says worried.
"I'm a terrible person." I say sobbing harder. He pulls me into a hug.
"That's not true." He says.
"I messed up this time. I really did."
"Hey we all make mistakes. Do you want to talk about it?" He says rubbing my back.
"No you should celebrate. Congratulations by the way."
"Thanks. But I cant celebrate if you're sad." He grabs my hand and pulls me to a hidden bench in that hallway.
"Tell me why are you like this?" He asks curiously. I tell him everything.
"No!!" He says when I'm done. I nod.
"Dont tell him any of this please."
"I wont but I feel like if he gives you chance a to explain he'll understand." Christopher said looking at me sadly.
"He has a career now and you guys will probably be busy. I broke his promise and he won't trust me anymore."
"You will never know if you dont try."
"I will just not now."
"Plus he isn't going just stop loving you. It takes time. Lots of time," He says and I nod. He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me into a hug.
"You're kind of like a little sister to me." He says.
"Really?"
"Yep." He mumbles.
"Well then you're little sister tells you to go celebrate. I bet the guys are going to go out or something." I say.
"True. Do you want to go with me?"
"No." I mumble.
"Fine I wont force you. I should get going." He says. I stand up. I hug him tightly.
"Thank you Christopher."
"Always." I walk outside to the exit and it's raining hard and I have no ride. I call my mom to pick me up. She says that she'll be here in half an hour. I just sit outside in the rain. I look at the bracelets. I sit there thinking about all the crazy things that we did and I smile.  But that smile goes away when I remember that I wont do those things with him anymore. I must have been thinking for a long time because at the same time my moms car pulls up. I open the back door. I hear a door far away open. I see the guys come out.
I watch them leave to go to the parking lot.
"Mom let's go quickly," I say.
"Why?" She asks.
"I'll explain later." She does what I say but not fast enough because I see Erick in the passenger's seat next to Richard. I see him look at my window and I look at him. It felt like slow motion. But the moment ends when my mom drives away. I look back. I don't know if he looks back because the car is far away.

(This song really fits this chapter so if you dont want to listen to the whole thing skip to minute 1:04. K thanks 😁)

"Porque estas llorando?" My mom says worried.
"Me peleé con Erick." I say with tears in my eyes. I bet my eyes are really puffy.
"Awww. Se les pasa al rato." She says trying to cheer me up.
"No creo mamá. No creo." Then everything went black. When I woke up I was at my house. I crossed my fingers hoping that everything that happened today was a dream. But then I saw both of the bracelets and I knew that it wasn't. And I wished that everything went back to normal.

The next day

I text Christopher.

When are you guys leaving Miami?
I text.

Tomorrow

I was going to say goodbye to you if you weren't busy

I wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye anyway. I have to pack but I can see you after maybe

Do you need help packing?

If you wouldn't mind

Ok send me the address. See you later

He texted me the address and I made my way there. When he opened the door he said, "WOAH!!"
"What?" I ask.
"No nothing." He says looking away.
"What is it?" I ask.
"Your eyes are really red and puffy."
"Yes I know." He let's me in and we head to his room. There was a big pile of clothes. My mouth drops open.
"What? I have a lot of clothes." He says defensively.
"Yeah more than me," I say. I start to fold the clothes and he puts them in the suitcase.
"Erick looked lifeless yesterday," he says. I blinked away my tears.
"So what are you going to do tomorrow?" He says changing the topic.
"Nothing."
"Well we are doing promo and practicing other songs since we have none yet except Devuelveme mi corazón."
"That sounds fun. Plus I think you guys will get fans quickly. I mean you guys are talented, nice, funny, and guys. Girls go crazy over boybands."
"I hope." He says and we continue to pack. He gets a call.

"Hello?" Christopher says. I cant hear what the other person says.

"Right now? I'm kind of busy." He started to panic.

"Fine," he said. He looked at me nervously.

"Someone is coming over," he says.
"Oh it's ok. I have to go anyway." I lied.
"Awww. Dont leave yet." He says.
"You still have a lot to do and the other person coming can help." I say.
"Ok..." he looks at me for awhile.
"This is where we say our goodbyes I guess." He says looking at me sadly. He pulls me into a hug.
"Good bye Christopher. Next time you visit Florida call me." I say tears in my eyes.
"Of course. Bye Minion. I hope you and Erick sort things out." He says.
"I'll try."
"I'll call you when I can," he says.
"And I'll be waiting." He walks me to the door.
"Congrats Christopher. I hope everything goes well. And tell the others I say good luck and bye.
"I will thanks. One last hug please," I hug him while rubbing his back.
"Bye Christopher."
"Bye Veronica." I walk out the door and go home.

I was wondering who was the person going to his house. I pass Ericks house and stare at it for awhile but then I go away quickly. I go to Lisette's house. When she opens the door she pulls me into a hug.
"Everything will be ok," she mumbles as she rubs my back. We go to her room.
"How did it go yesterday?" I ask. I was curious.
"Well we had fun but Erick looked really sad. He left the party early." She said and I looked down.
"Are you going to talk to Erick." She asked.
"I will. But right now we are both hurt."
"Just try one day." I nod and we watch a movie and I end up falling asleep.