Memory Lane

•Erick's POV•

We enter her room. She is looking out the window.
"Veronica?" I say. She moves her head in my direction.
"Yes?"
"Do you think you have enough energy to walk for a bit?" I ask.
"I don't think so, but I wish." she says. I think for a bit. I walk up to her and pick her up bridal style. She looked at me surprised. I smiled. She felt warm. I carry her downstairs and then outside.
"Ok I need you to get on my back."
"Ok?" She gets on my back and I carry her up the treehouse. It was difficult at first but we finally got up there. She looks around amazed. I smile. She hasn't looked happy these past few days and I missed her smile.
"We used to come up here all the time and play or talk." I say and she stops looking around and her eyes connect with mine.
"Really?" I nod.
"So I guess I was really close to you huh?" She asks.
"Yeah we were close."
"Were?" She asks confused.
"Were and always will be." She looked at my ring that she gave me.
"You have a girlfriend?" She asked sadly.
"Yeah I do. She's the most bravest, strongest, and prettiest person I know." I say looking right at her hoping she would realize it was her. I pull out her ring from my pocket. It was on her desk by her bed so I took it. I give her the ring and she looks at it for a long time. I got nervous. What if she didnt remember? Her eyes twitched.
"I think I know this..." she says. My eyes brightened. Then I thought of something.

Si me dejas sin una razón, y lo nuestro fue una ilusión
¿Qué va a ser de mí?
Si te llevarás mi corazón

¿Y qué va a ser de mí?
Si tú te vas
¿Y qué va a ser de mí?
Si no te dejo más
¿Qué va a ser de mí?
Si tú te vas
¿Qué va a ser de mí?
No aguanto un día más

Sin tu calor, sin tu olor
Si tú no estás no sale el sol
Si yo no tengo de tu amor, me moriré
Sin tu calor, sin tu olor
Si tú no estás no sale el sol
Si yo no tengo de tu amor, me moriré

She looked at me with her amazing brown eyes throughout the song. She smiled. I sang that song hoping she would remember. It was the song I sang to her last time we were at the treehouse.

¿Qué va a ser de mí?
Si tú te vas

Tears filled my eyes. I didn't realize how much those words had an effect on me. Her eyes flickered at those last lines.

¿Qué va a ser de mí?
No aguanto un día más

She sang as she finished the lyrics. I jumped up immediately. I picked her up and carried her. My hands were on her
w

aist.
"You remembered! You remembered! You remember?" I say as she giggles.
"Yes I remember!" She says excitedly.
"How?" I ask.
"I don't know the song it just... It just clicked." She says shrugging. I put my lips on hers and our lips were moving together. When we ran out of breath I smiled on top of her lips. She smiled to as she gave me a small peck. We hear cheering and clapping.
"Its them isn't it?" I ask. She nods and laughs. We look out and the guys are outside cheering.
"You did it!" Christopher yells. Me and Veronica look at each other and smile.
"Why are you guys always interrupting everything?" I ask.
"Don't think of it as interrupting. Think of it as cheering you on." Yoandri yells. I roll my eyes and laugh. Veronica gets on my back and we make our way down. All of us go back inside to her room.
"Guys if you dont mind I'm going to take a nap." Veronica says.
"Ok." I say. We sit on the floor and begin to talk softly. I wasn't paying attention. I was lost in my thoughts.
"Erick?" Zabdiel says waving his hand in front of my face.
"Yes?" I say snapping out of my thoughts.
"Why aren't you paying attention?" Joel asks.
"The doctor said delirium is one of the last steps in leukemia." I say looking at Veronica sleep. They look at Veronica then they look down.
"It'll be ok." Johann said patting my back. They say it's going to be ok but I know it won't. And that scares me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Happy belated 4 years of CNCO 🤗 I can't believe it's been 4 years already and I'm excited for what they have planned in the future. And happy belated birthday to Zabdiel.