The Boy With Green Eyes

"Veronica!"
I turn around and I see Erick. Erick is one of my best friends. I've known him for three years now almost 4. I still remember when I first met him.

*Flashback*
It was 5th grade and I remember seeing this boy with beautiful shining eyes. He was new. He looked kind of shy. When it was recess he looked lonely so I came up to him.
"Hello," I said.
"Hi," he said shyly. I could tell that he wasn't from here. He had an accent.
"Where are you from?" I asked.
"I'm from Cuba."
"Hablas bien ingles?" I asked. He seemed like he didn't know much English.
"Un poco. No tanto."
He seemed nice so I was thinking about teaching him english. That way I would help him but also get to know him.
"Y si te ayudó? Yo te puedo enseñar un poco de ingles."
"De verdad? Me ayudarías?" He asked with a smile.
"Claro." I said. I gave him a smile. "Empezamos mañana. Esta bien?"
"Ok." He said. He looked excited.
"Y si me cuentas un poco de ti y yo de mi?" I said staring into his eyes. It was impossible not to stare and admire his shining clear green eyes. I looked away. I'm not sure if he noticed.
"Me llamo Erick Brian Colon Arista. Vine de cuba hace una semana. Mi cumpleaños es el 3 de enero. Tengo una hermana mayor. Y me gusta cantar."
I opened my eyes wide open.
"Me cantas algo porfavor??" I made puppy eyes.
"No me da pena. A lo mejor luego," He said blushing.
"Ok esta bien pero no se me va olvidar. Bueno yo me llamo Verónica María Guzman. Mi cumpleaños es el 19 de enero. Y soy Mexicana-Americana." We spent of the time talking about each other. He seemed really nice. And I'm not going to lie he was cute. And his eyes...

The next day
I brought in a book that was English for beginners. He was really good and he was getting the hang of it. We had the same class so I saw him all day. And he sat in my lunch table with Lisette and Mario. We were all close friends since preschool. So I introduced him to my friends. He told me that he was good at soccer and so was Mario so I figured that they would get along. When Lisette saw him she said "Who is that? He seems cute."
"His name is Erick and I met him yesterday." As the days past he was getting better and better in English. Soon the days turned into months and then years. We all became close. And when he was comfortable and trusted us he sang for me like he said. He had an amazing voice. 
*End of flashback*