Meeting Up

Y/n's P.O.V.

I woke up, not in Aaron's bed, but mine, Tara was in the room as well, doing work on the computer. I sat up, yawned, and rubbed the tired expression off my face. She heard me and jumped up from the chair.

"How are you feeling?" Tara asked with a concerned expression.

"I'm f-fine, thanks," I smiled lightly.

"C'mon, we both don't have any classes today so how about we go get coffee?" She asked, squeezing my arm.

"S-sure, did Aaron d-drop m-me off?" I asked.

"No some guy dressed in black and sunglasses did, he said you needed rest and to not bother you," she explained.

"O-Oh. Well l-let's get coffee."

I slowly got out of bed and walked up to my dresser which contained all my clothing. Replacing my sweatpants with white shorts, my sweatshirt with a baby pink crop top, layering a loose knit, off-white cardigan over top. (Outfit above). I paired my outfit with white high-top converse and put my gold chain necklace on, which couldn't be seen because of my bandana sitting around my neck as well. To finish up, I loosely curled my hair and brushed my teeth. It is awfully warm today, but cooler than a normal summer day.

Tara and I left the dorm and began walking towards the cafe. The sun on my skin felt nice, a warmth wrapped around me. The two of us linked arms as we walked, and I gave her a light smile. It wasn't too long before we turned into the cafe and ordered our coffees. I got mine black and she got hers with a lot of sugar. I giggled as I heard her order hers, which resulted in her glaring at me. We walked to an empty table and sat down with our hot drinks, then began talking.

"You holding up, ya know, with seeing everyone again? There must be hundreds of thoughts swarming your mind," Tara said.

"Y-yeah, I tend t-to not be c-curious anymore," I glanced quickly at her face then avoided eye contact.

"Hmm, well I am going to call you out!" Tara looked me right in the eyes.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Something happened to you while you were gone. It changed you. And I am going to fix you!" She smiled.

I stared at her, trying to make out her facial expression, but I could only see a blurred version. I sighed, closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. I'm not broken, there is nothing to fix. I am the same Y/n I used to be; fun, loving, energetic, and depressed...

"D-do you mind if I head out? I a-am a little tired and I-I need to meet up with s-someone..." I said quietly.

"Sure thing, see you later," Tara's smile faltered, was she sad?

I bounded out of the cafe not really going in any one direction for certain, just, away... As much as I loved Tara to pieces, she is too much to handle right now. I know I still am depressed, nothing has really happened in the past three years to help that, so it figures right? I slowly walked along the sidewalk, hoping that one of them would eventually lead me back to my room. SMACK.

I fell to the ground clutching my forehead in pain. I glanced up to see who had so rudely ran into me, but all it was, was a pole that I swerved into. I sighed, dusted myself off, hoped nobody saw that, and then continued walking. Until I heard someone call my name....

Aaron's P.O.V. (Back to yesterday) Italics : Derek Regular : Aaron

"Hello?"

"Hello, we need to talk."

"I'm sure whatever you have to say can wait till I visit next. Now I am quite busy so by—"