2

Warning: Homophobic slurs and/or life threatening thoughts. Read at your own risk!!

————————————————————

I road my bike with my hurt knee all the way to my friend Henry's house. He's dads not home either so we can basically do whatever.

I pull into his drive way and throw my bike on the ground.

A little back story on our friendship.

When nobody wanted to be my friend he took me in. He's two years older than me but stayed back twice so he's going into junior and i'm going into sophomore. He's 18 and i'm 15 but i still hangout with him since it's not that big of a difference.

Henry has always been there for me but since i hangout with him i have to be mean like him and his other little friends.

They aren't even that mean. They just act it so they can actually be known.

Yeah i'm known as 'one of them' but i don't personally like to go as that.

I go up to his door and knock.

A boy with a mullet answers. Henry. He pulls me in for a hug. I hug back like i always do.

He lets me in to hangout.

I sit on his counter as he does the same across from me.

"So what's up?" he asks.

"Oh nothing" i said shrugging.

He looks down at my bandaged knee.

"you never take care of yourself like that.." he said pointing out my cleaned up knee.

"Well i fell off my bike on the way here and i was just gonna leave it but then this boy, this very tiny boy with the cutest freckles- i mean i uh... " i said stopping myself from what i just said.

Did i just- did i just call him cute?

"uh anyways- this tiny boy asked if he could clean it up cause he didn't want it to get infected." i said smiling.

I think my cheeks were red cause my face heated up a lot.

"That's gay" Henry says crossing his arms.

That's the last thing i expected to come out of his mouth.

"What?! no it's not. He was just trying to help"  i say quickly jumping off the counter causing Henry to jump.

"What's this gay boys name?" Henry asked.

"He's not gay- at least i don't think he is, and his name is Eddie" i said crossing my arms.

I probably shouldn't have told him Eddies name. What if he goes after the small boy? He's the leader of our pack hence the name being his last name.

Bowers

"Oh, Eddie Kaspbrak? That Germerphobic freak? He's only trying to get in ur pants bro" Henry says causing me to look down.

I actually thought i might have made a new friend.. but like Henry says, he's probably only trying to get in my pants.

"Okay whatever dude" I say getting up and heading outside to my bike.

I don't even say goodbye i just leave.

I'm gonna go see Beverly, one of my other friends. Henry and her are like the only people i'm friends with.

She wants me to meet me at the park.

So i peddle down to the park.

The park of Derry isn't very pretty and it doesn't have a playground, it's mainly to just walk around.

I spot a girl with long fiery red hair. She's sitting alone on a bench with a cigarette in her hand.

"Hey bever-ly" i say dropping my bike next to hers and sitting down next to her.

"What's up Tozier" She said smiling with that amazing smile of hers.

"Nothing much, i mean i fell off my bike today... that's about it" i said laughing.

"So what's up with you?" i asked after i stopped laughing.

"So you know how you cut your own hair?" she asked.

"Yeah what about it?" i asked confused to why she's asking.

"Can you do that for me?" she asks looking at me with her beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"You want me to cut your hair to look like mine?" i asked her.

"Yeah... it's just- my dad and i-" i cut her off.

"You don't have to explain bev, i'll do it" i say smiling.

"Thanks Rich" she said smiling.

"So you wanna ride with me to my house? There i have the stuff i need." i say.

"Sure" she says putting out her cigarette and sitting up along with me.

She's almost as tall as me.

——————————————————————

Word count: 751