5

Warning: homophobic slurs and/or life threatening thoughts. Read at your own risk!!

———————————————————————

Today is my birthday.

I turn 16 today.

I've been trying to ignore Bev and the group for the past couple days.

I know they don't want me around. I'm just a dead weight they have to carry around.

Anyways.. I get up out of my bed and immediately grab my pack of cigarettes i stole from the drugstore.

I end up smoking two before going to look in my closet for a good outfit.

I just throw on a white shirt with a rainbow across the front. My mom picked it out so i refuse to not wear it.

It's the only thing i have from the last time i saw her.

I put a floral button up shirt over it but not buttoning it up.

I put on a pair of blue ripped jeans but they are acid washed.

I simply grab my pack of cigarettes/ lighter and glasses off my desk and leave to go downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and see a note.

I slowly walk over to it confused an pick it up off my counter.

Dear Son,

Happy birthday. We gave you 20 dollars more than usual so don't use it all on cigarettes!! Also stop hanging out with Marshes girl, she's no good for you!

Love, Mom and Dad

As i read the words i felt a little happy that they remembered but.. how did they get the letter in here if they are "on a business trip"?

Does that mean they are still in Derry?

How?

I shake the thought out of my head and bring back the thought that brought me downstairs.

I'm taking a walk.

I usually ride my bike but i chose to walk today because i need to get out of my house and take a breath.

I walk out my door and start walking down my driveway.

It's a little colder than usual.

I mean it's getting to that fall season.

The sky is a bit gloomy ish today but it's not supposed to rain.

I like gloomy weather.

It makes everyone sad and down so it makes me feel like i'm not alone.

I look over across the street and see the curly haired boy i once saw a few days ago.

Stan.