day of the dead

Note this will be told in modern AU

Shisui was at home on the couch, he was reading a book when he heard little footsteps head into the living room.

" Daddy! "

He looks up from his book to see his daughter, she was five. She had long black hair and onxy eyes, she wore a cute light blue dress and brown open toe sandles.

" Yes princess? "

" What's the day of the dead? "

" The day of the dead is a holiday celebrated in Mexico, each year on November 2nd. People gather around to visit the dead, they make little shrines for there love ones who are dead, and leave them little gifts like bread, cakes, and such. They believe the dead come they will come and see us as spirits, and appreciate the gifts they leave them, to pay Respect for them. In Mexico they have festivals in honor of the dead, why ask such a question? "

" Because at school they mentioned it "

" Really?, That's good then "

" Yeah "

" You ready to go? "

" Yeah! "

" Alright "

Shisui grabs a little box and they head towards the car.

(.............................................)

" We're here "

" Yeah "

They both stand in front of a shrine, it was a nice red and small. Both shisui and his daughter kneeled down, they look at the shrine and read the little writing on it.

Here lies a wonderful son, husband, brother, and father.

Uchiha itachi

" I miss papa "

" Me too princess, did you bring daddy something? "

" Yeah "

She put down a single red rose, shisui smiles and place a hand on her shoulder.

" Did you bring something daddy? "

" Of course "

He opened the little box he brought, and placed down two sticks of dangos by his shrine, he smiles.

" Daddy do you miss papa? "

" Of course I do, I miss him everyday with all my heart "

" Me too, do you think he's watching us? "

" Of course, he always promised to watch over you "

" do you remember the last words papa told you? "

" The last words your daddy told me, of course how could I forget "

" What were they? "

" Well......"

Shisui was in the hospital waiting room, with the rest of itachi's family. Itachi was ill with a incurable illness but lately was getting better. But today got a call from Mikoto itachi's mother, saying she found him in there house. On the floor and in a puddle of his blood, he had blood dripping from the side of his mouth.

He looked as if he's been coughing up blood, she called an ambulance. Shisui ran out of work faster than the speed of light.

" Itachi Uchiha "

" How's my son?!, Please tell me he's okay "

" I'm sorry but we've tried everything, but his illness is catching up with him. His body is failing him, and is slowly shutting down. I'm sorry "