*•New places•*

Bailey's P.O.V.
.
"So you must be Bailey." A middle aged women with dark hair spoke confidently to me, whilst her even darker eyes glanced up and down my small body.
.
I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing seemed to come out as usual, so I decided on letting my head jump into a slight nod instead.
My mother impatiently yet subtly forced her elbow into by side, glaring her cold grey eyes at me.
.
"Bailey, remember what I said about answering people when you're spoken too." She sharply scolded me and I knew I'd be in trouble when I reached home later.
.
She never understood me, we were completely polar opposites. She was elegant and successful in everything she desired, she spoke to every single person with confidence and never thought a thing of it.
.
I on the other hand was clumsy and an underachiever. I fell behind in most lessons because I had this thing. I could barley ever talk to people. I tried, I really did try, but I always failed. It was inevitable and I hated it, and unfortunately so did my mother.
.
I looked away from my her glare to my new head mistress who seemed a little unsure of me, her facial features watching me expectantly, as though she too was waiting for me to speak. I sucked in as much air as possible and let it all flood back out of my lungs again, letting my eyes briefly shut before looking down at my fiddling fingers.
.
". . . Yes." A shaky, quiet voice pushed past my lips, while my hands trembled slightly. I inhaled another breath before trying to sound as if I wasn't whispering this time. "I'm Bailey." I croaked timidly.
.
I quickly looked back up to the intimidating women to watch her nod slowly. "Huh . . . Well Bailey, I assure you you'll be very happy here. If you and your mother say your goodbyes whilst I go and fetch your buddy for the day."
.
I snapped my head up and looked at her puzzled. What did she mean by a buddy?
.
"Your mother didn't tell you? There will be a pupil showing you round today, her name is Klara. She's a lovely girl I'm sure you'll get on wonderfully." She smiled in awe of this Klara girl before exiting the large office.
.
The moment the door clicked shut, my mother span to face me, her eyes darkened with irritation.
"Bailey! I will not tell you again! This is a new school, a fresh start. You're never going to make any friends if you don't talk to anybody."
.
My blue eyes rolled around at her silly comment. Why doesn't she understand? I never asked to be shy.
.
"You asked for a buddy, really?" I whined, ignoring her remark completely.
.
"I think it will be good for you."
.
"Well I don't. I can show myself around." I huffed, staying stubborn.
.
"I don't have time for your childish games, Bailey. It's high time you grew up." The stern words fluttered out of her lipstick stained lips before she turned sharply on her heel and left me there, again.
.
I hate new schools, fresh start my ass.
I sighed heavily before sitting myself delicately back in the uncomfortable red chair. My pupils danced across the walls, scanning some worn out school photos and classic school wall quotes curiously. So far this place was the same as all the others and I had a feeling that wasn't going to change.
.
I heard the door click open causing my head to spin around to see possibly the most poised, beautiful girl I had ever come across. She was the kind of girl everyone wanted to be. Her long, blonde hair cascaded way past her shoulders, hanging in loose curls. She had bright green eyes and she was in the perfect proportion of everything.
.
"Hello there! I'm Klara, Mrs Edge told me you were a bit on the shy side! Well let's change that together. Come on then! I'm going to show you around for first period and then we have Science second."
.
Great. I hadn't been here two seconds and I was already the quiet one. Not only that, but apparently when you're shy, everyone speaks to you as if you were a toddler, who knew absolutely nothing.
.
I stood up and waddled over to where she was stood straight as a post, her smile filling her face and never ceasing to falter for even a moment. As soon as I was close enough she reached forward and pulled me into her strong arms awkwardly.
.
"Don't worry Mrs, I'll take good care of her." She beamed up at Mrs Edge.
.
"You're such a wonderful student Klara. The others could learn a thing or two from you. Besides I think this one will need all the help she can get."
.
Oh.