Bruce

STEVE'S POV:
Natasha and I sat in the kitchen as we nervously waited for Tony's medical analysis. Pepper was sat beside Tony in the medical room and I can't recall where the others were. Nat was just sat beside me on the sofa. She held me hand and I began to stroke it with my thumb. I then put my arm around her and she leaned in for the hug. We sat there and I could tell she was really nervous for Tony. He was my bestfriend. I can't say I wasn't also scared. I decided to cut the tension and nerves by saying to Nat "Is this a good time perhaps to tell everyone about the engagement? We may never get another chance." She looked up at me, smiled and then just remained silent. I was about to repeat myself when she finally said "Maybe Wait a few days for Tony's medical analysis. Then when things calm down a little bit we can tell them. Why rush?"

NATASHA'S POV:
Why is Steve rushing to tell people? It's not like either one of us is going anywhere. Thanos hasn't been seen on earth. Therefore neither one of us is gonna die anytime soon. Although I am aware that Steve wants to have a family but wants to wait until we are actually. I'm desperate for a baby but he's so adamant that we are married before a child is born. Therefore I don't plan to wait for ever but I just think that now is not a good time. Tony has just come back. We haven't seen him since Steve and him fell out back in 2017 which was two years ago! I just wasn't sure that right here right now was the best time to tell anyone, especially Tony.

I was cuddled up on the sofa with Steve when Bruce came in and said "I have Tony's medical analysis. Oh... wait... I didn't expect this...?" I let Steve explain to Bruce what has been going on since Thanos. He seemed to be happy for us but I think there was hints of jealousy and upset. Only because I was deeply attracted to him about 4years ago. But when he disappeared without a trace, I realised he didn't want me. He didn't care about me. Not like Steve did. Even as my best friend, Steve cared more about me then than Bruce ever did. Steve was always the one. In every fight. I would always come back to Steve. He was my motivation that everytging was gonna be alright.

STEVE'S POV:
Bruce has always thought a lot of Natasha. However, he knew he could never have a family. Only because of his Hulk condition. No one really knows what exactly it is except for maybe Tony. Bruce is a great guy. He's funny and very smart. I think that maybe he plays dum infront of Tony but that's not my place to decide. Now that all the avengers that survived are here, maybe Bruce might try again with Nat but I'm sure Nat Wouldn't even dare bat an eyelid. She's not like that. She doesn't love him anymore, so she says.

BRUCE'S POV:
Wow. Nat and Steve. More than friends? I never would have thought that she would ever settle for someone like Steve. Great guy but definitely not who I thought would be Natasha's type. Nat and I had a thing way back when Ultron came to Sakovia. And I know her well enough to know that Steve isn't the right kind of man for Nat. I always thought I was 99% perfect for Nat. Only because I didn't want children. I may be able to get her back but I don't think she would exchange me for a super soldier. She needs to open her eyes and realise that everything masculin about Steve, as Tony said, came out of a bottle.