5

Lindsey and the kids had court early Monday morning and once everything was signed over, The five of them walked out together. The divorce between the pair was relatively civil, Kristen was just a bitch who had been milking him for child support. Now, however, it was the complete opposite. 

"Alright, kiddos. I'll be here at Christmas." Kristen smiles kissing their heads and quickly walking away. 

"I feel bad saying this but I'm kind of glad." Wiliam shrugs. 

Just then, they were drawn to heels clicking. Kate is about to run to her when yelling occurs. 

"YOU JUST CONVICTED AN INNOCENT MAN LADY. YOU'LL GET YOURS." He screams. grabbing at Stevie before her partner, Don Henley. grabs him. 

"What's going on here?" Lindsey asks as Stephanie runs into his arms. 

"I just convicted his brother for murder. He's a little shaken up but I'm fine." Stevie explains. 

"Steph, he threatened you." Lindsey squawks. 

"It's okay, Lindsey," Stevie assures. 

It was then that Kate tugged on her black and white polka-dotted skirt. 

"Kate, hi sweetheart." Stevie sighs as Katie holds her arms up. 

"Kate, you're getting too big to be carried." Lindsey sighs. 

"Relax, she's only four we can carry her for a couple more years." Stevie coos taking her into her arms. 

"Well, I have to go to the office. Do you kids want me to take you home?" Lindsey asks. 

"Nah, let's just go to work with you." William shrugs. 

***

having worked late, Stevie was finally walking out to the parking garage at seven-thirty. She was the only vehicle left, but there was an echo. Her red high heels would echo but then there'd be a  delayed echo. She stopped, the steps continued. Glancing around she saw no on. As her heart was beating out of her chest, she quickly ran to her car and slammed the door shut, squealing out. 

Feeling safer when she gets up to her apartment, she kicks her high heels off and goes into the kitchen. She feeds Sulamith and makes a sandwich before plopping down on her sofa and starts going through her files. But she can't shake the feeling of being watched. When her telephone rings, she answers it but is only met with breathing. 

She freaks out and slams the phone down. It rings again and she answers it. She's met with the same thing. The phone rings a third time and she feels like crying. 

"Whoever this is...please stop, it is incredibly rude." She slammed the phone down. 

***

She was woken from a dead sleep at two-thirty.

"Hello." 

"Stephanie, it's me." 

She bolted up and slammed the phone down. It rang again and she unplugged it. 

The next morning, on her windshield, was a note that said 'you'll be sorry'. It was then that she went to the police with Lindsey. 

"Stephanie, I'm sorry. You can get paper and a pen anywhere... Are you sure it was the man you convicted's brother."Bob the head detective asks. 

"He threatened me," Stevie explains. 

"That isn't a decent thing to convict someone on. You of all people know that." Bob sighs. 

"He knows where I live, and he has my phone number." Stevie whines. 

"I'm sorry, I'll send it to the lab." Bob smiles putting his hand on Stevie's shoulder.