Parting

"It's you! Stupid girl! It was worth you a little caress, as your heart began to thaw again!

Juvia made no reply to the indignation of her inner voice. She silently watched on Natsu, whose head which buried its nose in its its knees, while he himself was without consciousness. His clothes were torn, stained with blood and the remains of a man-eating spider, and only his white plaid scarf was miraculously intact. A long, warm blue-hair coat covered him.

She herself, unlike him, was more or less whole, except for the glistening tears on her cheeks, the empty look in her dark blue eyes again, and the blood dripping from the corner of her mouth, as well as the pain in her head and chest. Plus, her white yukata was quickly soiled by the fact that she first pressed and then laid him on her lap, not paying any attention to these little things.

"Why not? What is it? " she asked softly, looking at the disheveled pink top of her head, mechanically running a trembling hand over it and letting the pink strands of hair pass through her fingers. — Why are you... trying to save me... putting yourself in mortal danger... almost losing your life... all for me?"

She shuddered and looked up sharply, seeing the moment when Natsu had spoken to her through the door, while she had listened to him in silence, her back to her, absorbing every word like a prayer.

"No! Don't you dare remember that, do you hear? Don't you dare listen to his stupid, meaningless speeches! He's no different from Rachel who betrayed you! You hate people! Hate! Hate! Hate!»

— From me... - from her eyes over flowed with tears. - One evil ... but you would still...

"What are you thinking, you fool?! Now is not the time to relax! Have you forgotten how you were humiliated?! Remember! Remember your suffering! Hate! Pain! Anger! Throw them on the boy and kill him before he wakes up! This is your chance to start your revenge! Well, well, go ahead!»

"It's... impossible to forget...' whispered in a trembling pale lips. — I hate this world... more than anyone else. But... it happened... "-  her cheeks flushed as she looked down at the boy. - "...That I loved that boy. I loved him as i  had loved Rachel. Just as I love Alice now. He became my friend a boy who is not a member of my family. The first friend mage, which to the same the opposite me on its nature. He accepted me for who I am no matter what. So I'll take it, too. I will accept, as once Alice. I want him to be my family as well as my sisters and brother. Please come back to yourself, demon... I don't need your power Right now.»

"You say you don't want me yet? Even though you can understand your own feelings? You idiot! You'll regret falling in love with him. You will regret that you did not immediately understand the true nature of your own feelings. Stupid half-breed - " at last the voice in her head dropped to a whisper, then disappeared, and with it the headache.

— You're bleeding, hearing his barely audible wheezing voice of Juvia startled, stared looking at revealing one eye guy in the face one could tell that he was now to put it mildly, bad. "How are you, Juvia?" You okay?

She nodded.

— Nicely. He tried to reach up to brush a tear from her cheek with his finger, but he couldn't, and she fell limply beside him. "Don't cry... Juvia —" he whispered, then closed his eyes again and passed out.

A few seconds later, Juvia joined him, falling beside him and passing out. Their hands rested on top of each other, their fingers lightly touching.

***

"After juvia and I were attacked by a demon spider and I ran to protect Them, I don't remember anything. I only remember opening my eyes briefly, asking her how she felt, and trying to wipe away the tears, and then walking back into that darkness. I woke up at home, in my room with my brother. My journey was coming to an end. At least that's what I thought.»