Night racing and nightmare

- Where are you going? - Juvia was startled by the unexpected sound of a woman's voice, and she stopped in her tracks and turned slowly toward the lamppost where her older sister, Naomi, was standing. The elder Loxar looked at her calmly, leaning back against the post and fingering the tip of her dark blue braid. — And you don't have to say you're going to the bathroom or anything." I know that you were invited in the World. And Yes, I won't tell Kasumi, AO, Or anyone else. You can depend on me, little Ju. as she spoke, she drew an invisible line along her lips with her thumb and forefinger pressed together, as if she were closing a zipper, and then opened them abruptly, as if she had thrown something away. The corners of her mouth lifted in a small smile.

- Thank you,  big sister. - Juvia's eyes shone. — I'll be careful. Back soon. so saying, she ran to the barn door and went inside, closing the doors behind her.

Naomi's face immediately frowned and she looked up at the hill, where the lantern still burned. Somewhere in the distance, a high-pitched howl rang out.

***

- Oh, you did come. You must have the guts. - Mira said, grinning with anticipation. She stood in the far corner of the barn, hidden in the darkness where her white hair stood out. Juvia went to her in silence and stood opposite her, arms folded, waiting in silence for her to speak. - Well, let's take a wheelbarrow for pumping?

- A car for ... a ride?  Juvia arched an eyebrow. — What does that mean?

- That's what it means. I'm throwing you a new challenge. I take the neighbor's car, you take the farmer's pickup, and then we have a new race. Where it will begin and end I will show. What do you say?

— Are you serious, or is this a joke? - Juvia asked, still wearing her poker face.

 What kind of reaction is that?! - the white-haired woman clenched her fists. — I expected more emotion from you, ice Princess! And yes, I'm absolutely serious. You're probably going to ask how we're going to race if we don't know how to drive. It's simple. This will help. -  She reached out and grasped the crystal around Juvia's neck. — No one here can teach you that except life itself. - She grabbed the blue-haired girl's arm, pulling her out of the room. - You'll get some practice, too. That's where we'll determine if you're ready to hang out with the big girls.

— We're about the same age. - Juvia murmured, still with the same pitiful face, sighing in resignation.

- "What am I signing up for?»

***

- You're crazy. - Juvia muttered grimly as she sat behind the wheel of the pickup while Shtrauss settled behind the wheel of the blue car. Inside the cars, blue crystals hang in front of the window. The headlights were on, illuminating a wide asphalt road that ran past houses whose Windows had been dark for a long time.

- Yeah. - She adjusted her sunglasses. - You'll like it.

- I'll pretend I didn't. - Bluehair muttered, putting on her glasses, which showed her the device and algorithm she needed. - I hope you'll leave me alone this time. 

- What else? Let's go! -  with that, she rode quickly forward, soon disappearing around the bend.

- Well, go ahead and sing.  - Lockser sighed and turned the key.

***

- "That's not so bad". - Bluehair female  thought in surprise as she eased through turn after turn, thanks to the artifact that clad her eyes and looked like sunglasses, like the ones some drivers wore in the movies. The cool night breeze that blew in through the open Windows blew the short blue strands of hair that peeked out from under his dark hood and framed his face.