Prologue

Winter forest. Snow is falling. A huge number of white flakes interfere with vision, flying straight into the face and eyes, landing on a fluttering white scarf and a disheveled pink ponytail. Through the forest comes a boy of twelve years, trying to go as fast as possible. But his feet are buried in deep snow, his lungs are burning with cold, and his mind is almost panic-stricken.

Steam escapes from the boy's open mouth. His gray eyes were wide, staring straight ahead, and his hands held a young girl his own age hanging from his back. Her unconscious body, arms and legs dangling at her sides, her long blue hair swaying from side to side. His kimono was torn in several places and his pale face was stained with blood.

There was no one around, only snow and bare trees strewn with it. The only sound that breaks the dead silence of the winter forest is the crunch of snow under his feet. Behind him stretched a long line of bloody footprints.

- How did it happen? he asks himself, but finds no answer. - Juvia, don't die! Don't die!  - like a prayer he repeats to himself, quickening his pace. — I'll save you no matter what! I won't let you die! I swear that I will save you at all costs, Juvia!

***

POV Juvia

Who is it? Who calls me? Whose voice is that? Why is there so much fear and pain in him? And why is he calling me? Who are you? What happened? Why do you call me and almost cry? Your voice sounds familiar, but I don't remember your face or your name. Why are you worried about me? Why are you afraid for my life? Why do you care what happens to me? How do you know me?

Painfully. Very painfully. My head and whole body ache. I feel this pain even during sleep. Not really. I think I'm waking up. As soon as my eyelids let go of their sleepy weight, I tried to open them and immediately squeezed my eyes shut from the dazzling whiteness of the ceiling.

White... the ceiling? There is none in my room, nor in the whole house. Where am I? Why does it hurt so much? Is this the consequence of another stupid entertainment of our guys? If so, I'll ask my father for permission to stay at home for at least a week until the bruises heal. After all, if I go to school and get a couple more lessons, I don't think I'll be able to hold out until the end of all the lessons. Come on, Juvia, Wake up! Father and the others must be worried, and you've been lying here for the hell of it! Get up now!

My body and mind finally decided to respond to my request. My eyes slowly focused on the ceiling, and then on the room, or rather the room, in which I awoke. Hmm? Hospital? Was it that serious? Usually my wounds and bruises heal pretty quickly, we don't even go to the emergency room, and here it is. Damn. I hope I'm lying here for a week at most. I hate it when dad worries about me.

Resting my hands on the mattress, I slowly raised myself on my elbows and looked around. I haven't been here since I was a kid. Nothing has changed over the years. The usual hospital room, the empty beds around me, the nasty smell of drugs and the half-open window, near which the transparent curtains move, letting in sunlight. The first thing that caught my attention was a vase of cornflowers on the table beside my bunk. I sat up and reached out to touch them with my fingertips. A smile formed on her lips. I love cornflowers. Mom loved them, too. In the language of flowers, they mean loyalty and trust. Loyalty suits, but trust is not very. And here is color in the most point — after all precisely such a color of my hair and eyes.

Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to call a doctor and find out what had happened to me and how long I'd been lying here. Damn it! Sometimes I am so forgetful that I am ashamed of myself!