Calm before the storm

Natsu and Juvia walked along the beach, once again retreating to their own private world that brought happiness and joy to both of them. The boy was saying something, smiling and gesticulating, and the girl with the blue ponytail was listening with her hands behind her back and smiling, her eyes closed.

"Stop! Alice shouted as she came out of the house.

With a cry of surprise, the couple stopped and turned in her direction at the same time.

— Natsu dragneel and Juvia Loksar to me! Now! white shouted again. Her scarlet eyes seemed about to burn a hole in them.

They looked at each other intently as they approached her. Pausing on the wooden pier that connected the house with the land, they began to look around nervously, looking anywhere but into the icy red eyes of the albino girl.

— What kind of madness are you two up to this time?" "what is it?" she asked, her hands on her hips.

— What. They answered in unison, shaking their heads.

"Don't lie! she raised her voice. — A little blue bird told me that you went to see a man named Eveleth today. It's true?

They shook their heads again.

— Yeah. It was about him. Don't underestimate the power of my abilities to reveal secrets, rookie. She came up to them, leaning forward, her ruby eyes narrowed. — A man named Eveleth is evil!" Evil, evil, and evil again! From the tips of your fingers to the top of your head! And if Eveleth were suddenly in front of you right now... he would kill you!

She shouted in their faces. They jumped up and screamed in fright, clinging to each other with fear in their wide-open blue and gray eyes, trembling all over.

"I've forgotten how scary Alice can be. Even in her mind, Juvia's voice trembled.

— That's why I want you to promise, no, swear to me, right here and now, that you will never, ever, ever contact him in any way!" You won't talk about it or even think about it! Alice said loudly and firmly, stepping on the shivering, snuggling couple who were moving away from her. — I've heard that teenagers like you might be interested in people like Eveleth." It is a pity that they understand all the danger of this situation only at the end, when they no longer have the opportunity to pass this knowledge to others purely physically. I hope you understand what I mean. If you are so interested, I can tell you a few facts about him. - But then she noticed that Natsu and Juvia were running away from her from the beach. "Stand still!" I'm not done yet!

***

- Phew. Barely broke away. Natsu gasped, leaning forward and breathing heavily, mostly because of the fright the albino girl had caused rather than running fast.

"Where is AO?" juvia straightened and looked around. — He was with us, wasn't he?" Natsu, he was walking with us, right?

— Yeah. — Dragneel nodded, also looking around. - Maybe he got bored with our company and came home. Don't worry about him, Juvia. He smiled reassuringly at his blue-haired friend, placing a hand on her shoulder as she looked around excitedly. — He is mighty small, and if anything, will show all the bullies what's what.

— Even so, he's still a child. Juvia looked at him seriously, frowning.

— Calm. He held up his hands in front of him. — You need to have more faith in him." I understand, of course. I also have younger brothers and a sister, but I'm sure of them. If I patronize them too much, they will take offense and consider themselves my burden. Especially since they are growing and learning fast. I think they will lead a quiet and peaceful life, unlike me, and take care of my mother in my absence. Believe me, I understand your feelings, Ju. I also sometimes want to hide them from the world. They are my family, which I swore to protect after my father passed away. You should know that. He smiled bitterly. Juvia looked down grimly. — But we can't always be together." Sometimes we also find ourselves in a difficult and defenseless situation, and need someone's help. If they learn to defend themselves, they can help us as we used to help them. You understand?