I. Miserable

It was early morning, she had just woken up. The light was passing by the small entrance of the window and touching her face gently.

"Another day," she whispers to herself.

Annoyed, she pushed the blanket away with her legs. She sighed and sat on the side of the bed, facing the light. She stood that way for a while.

"Ava! Hurry up! You are late for work!" someone screamed while in the hallway.

"What's new?" she thought.

Her eyes rolled down and, suddenly, she couldn't even think about looking up.

"What's wrong with me?" she whispered to herself. His image was burned in her mind. Like it was the whole night.

"Ava!" her mom insisted.

"This is hell on earth!" she yelled before breathing deeply.

The regret of yelling to her mom, made her feel guilty in the same instant. But she wouldn't apologize, because it was easier to pretend nothing was going on.

"Ava?" her mom knocked on her door.

"Not now," she said, trying to keep her voice flat. "I'm getting ready!"

She wasn't even close to ready. She just wanted a moment alone to let a tear roll down her face.

"Why do I miss him so badly?" she asked herself, picking up her phone to check if he had texted her.

"No messages"