XLI. I can see clearly now

"How did it go?" Phoebe blurted out as soon as she laid eyes on Ava in the next Monday morning.

"What?" Ava babbled, dazed by the sudden onslaught.

"The date, girl! The date!"

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't have my coffee yet!"

"Let's fix that. Wanna go to the break room?"

"Ok, that sounds like a good idea."

"I know, but how did it go? Did you two...?"

Ava smirked to herself, as the memories of the date came to her mind.

"So?" Phoebe insisted.

"He is really fun, and a gentleman," Ava replied proud of herself.

"What does that mean?"

"Isn't that obvious?"

"Oh! You didn't sleep with him? Did you guys just talk? Are you thinking about starting a relationship with him?"

"To be honest, I am not thinking at all. I'm just letting things flow. Does that make sense? I am still healing; I can't deny that. But that's the thing! By allowing him to get closer, I'm getting over the nightmare faster, rediscovering myself with someone else. I'm actually keeping it together than I expected," Ava was feeling thrilled by her own words and the truth in them. "When people say you have to be open to new possibilities in order to find out more about yourself, it's actually true. I would never know I was ready if I didn't open myself to this adventure."

"Are you calling him an adventure?"

"I am calling him so many things. Especially, hope. We are just slowly meeting each other and I'm quite sure we are both opened to all possibilities. This between me and him can just be a fling, or it can blossom into a romance."

"Oh... The expectations are high."

"Not high," Ava smiled, as she was realizing the still nameless guy was like the antidote for all the sadness and rage in her heart. "We barely know each other, but the way he looks at me... it makes me feel like he can see through me. I don't even need to tell him how I feel and that feels amazing! Can you believe I still don't know his name? Isn't that crazy?"

"A bit, yeah!" Phoebe had almost forgotten how passionate Ava could be. She looked like a new person, but still, Phoebe couldn't help but to feel a bit worried about it. She wondered if it was healthy for Ava to depend on another person to feel happy. Ava had made that mistake before by delivering her hopes and dreams in Julien's hands. Phoebe couldn't let her do the same with this new guy, even though Ava never spoke with such ease about Julien as she was speaking about him.

"I love the fact I don't need to know his name to feel connected to him!"

"Just promise me you'll take it slow!" Phoebe asked. "We don't need another heartbreak anytime soon..." she thought to herself.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

"I sure hope so..." Phoebe whispered.