XXVIII. The announcement 2

All the spotlights were now following Julien's steps, like he was a prince heading to the stage.

He then proceeded to pick up the microphone from Mary's hands and turn to face the big crowd of guests, employees and other shareholders of the Marshmount Corporation, and a smug smile flashed across his face.

Ava's eyes were stuck on him.

"What the hell?", she thought, completely baffled by Julien's presence.

Julien opened his mouth to start the so expect announcement, but not without taking a subtle glance to the crowd just once. He was clearly enjoying every second of that moment.

"Ladies and gentlemen", he started, keeping that smug smile of his. "Recently, the good work of the Marshmount Corporation keeps coming up at every business gathering I attended, and it did not slip my notice. I don't think everyone here knows of my circumstances, so allow me to properly introduce myself, I'm Julien Bardi, sole heir of the Bardi estate. As a savvy businessman, I could not let this opportunity pass me by, so here I stand as the newest shareholder in this wonderful, and lucrative, company."

A moment of silence was made, all eyes were on Julien, and all ears waited intently to his words. Especially the ladies in the room. It seemed like every woman and girl in the audience were transfixed by him, he was like something out of a fairy tale, a rich and handsome prince charming.

In spite of Julien's commanding presence, some were still focused on Ava, noticing her strange attitude towards the Julien's presence and her spectacular dress, or, actually, her spectacular body she had kept hidden by ordinary clothes. They were making some buzz about her and that buzz did not escape Julien's eyes, forcing him to prolong his pause.

Julien looked at Ava and took a moment to recognize his former lover, she was breathtaking in that amazing dress. After he noticed her, the tone of his voice changed into a harsher one: "I am, now, declaring my ownership of twenty five percent of the company, and the second biggest investor of the Marshmount Corporation."

A big applause was heard, as the screams of the ladies going crazy. They would now have one of the most desirable men in the district coming to the office from time to time. But despite those screams and crazy hops all over the room, Julien was still looking at Ava, trying to keep the smug smile.

Ava, hypnotized by Julien's appearance and announcement, was trying to stand as much she was trying to understand what he becoming a partner of her company would mean for her.

"You look incredible", a deep voice, near Ava's ear whispered.

With her eyes still locked on Julien, Ava saw all the smugness drain from his face, to be replaced with something that looked like anger.