VIII. Mysterious individual

"I will have to see the shrink tomorrow... The meeting at the HR didn't go as badly as I was expecting", Ava thought, while leaving the room. Immersed in her own thoughts, as soon as she turned to leave, she ran into someone and a phone fell on the floor.

"Careful", he said in a gentle tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry!", Ava apologized instantly, reaching for the fallen phone.

"No harm done", he smiled, picking the phone up before Ava could reach it. The call he was on, was still going, but instead of continuing it, he hung up and looked at Ava curiously.

"I'm truly sorry", she insisted.

"Don't be, it's ok", he started.

Ava, who still had her head down in embarrassment, couldn't recognize the voice. She slowly turned her head up in a shy way, but even upon seeing his face, she couldn't quite place him.

"I should have paid more attention", Ava replied, looking at his brown, shinning eyes. He had an unwavering gaze, firmly held on Ava. It was so intense, almost predatory. "Do I know him?", she asked herself. The way he talked to her, made her feel like she did. But at this moment, Ava just wanted to make sure he wasn't one of her bosses. A meeting at the HR was more than enough for the week.

"Like I said, no harm done".

"But your phone..."

"Nothing to be worried about. I should be more careful around doors", he asserted in a strangely gentle and charming tone.

"Thank you", she sighed with relief. "If you excuse me, I have to get back to work."

"Wait...", he said, hesitating.

"Yes?"

He stood there, in front of the HR door, observing Ava with an even more strange expression, like he was trying to burn her image into his mind.

"Your stockings are ripped", he said with a bemused expression, after a moment of silence.

"Oh, great!", Ava said, blushing. "Must have been when I kneeled"

"Let me make up for the..."

"No, I'm ok, thank you", she blurted out suddenly, getting flustered. And before he could say anything else, Ava ran to her desk, where she had an extra pair of stockings, just for situations like this.