Minho [14]

The last thing Y/N remembered was having tears streaming down her face as she, Brenda and Gally all carried Newt's body to the berg Jorge had landed. Vince was screaming for them to hurry, but Y/N was so lost in her thoughts it was impossible. Every inch of her body inside and out ached. She was carrying her lifeless friend in her arms. The world around them was on fire and buildings were tumbling down.

Eventually, they made it to the berg, but shots began to fire around them. Without thinking twice, Y/N took the gun Minho had slung around his shoulders and she switched places, letting him take Newt. Ruthlessly, Y/N defended her friends as they all stumbled up into the berg.

In relief, the girl lowered the gun and turned to her friends after she took down everyone shooting at them. They all looked just as broken as she felt. A loud groan reverberated as the hatch door began to raise, but not before a crackle sliced through the air and Y/N felt a sharp pain in her side.

Someone had either gotten back up or someone new had shown up and shot her. It wasn't immediately lethal, but Y/N had no way of telling how bad it really was. She couldn't stay standing and right away, she found Minho and Brenda at her side, panic in their eyes.

"You don't go down without a fight, shuckface. Promise me." Minho pleaded, his firm hands pressed into her side where the bullet had made its mark. "Don't you—"

The next time Y/N woke, she was far, far away from the burning city. The air was clean, the cot she lay on soft and the sun beating through the tarp which hung over her head was warm. Blinking a few times, she tried to clear the exhaustion from her eyes. When she sat up, her body stung all over from cuts and deep bruises. Her side was bandaged with thick gauze, and it took a few moments before she remembered what had happened. She'd been shot. How she was alive, that was a mystery she'd need to have explained later.

Staying here all alone was the last thing she waned to do right now, so she forced herself to stand despite legs that felt like iron rods. All of the air in her lungs left when she ducked beneath the tent flaps and stepped out into the sunlight. There, right before her, was an ocean. To her left was a camp bustling with life, laughter and smiles. All of the wounds she could see on  peoples skin were mostly healed and people who she once thought were enemies had seemed to have mended their differences. Thomas and Gally even sat at the fire together, talking contently.

Limping across the soft ground toward her friends, Y/N felt her nose begin to burn and a pressure rising in the back of her throat. She knew she was about to cry, but did all she could to hold it back. They were safe. They were alive. They were home.

Minho sat just behind the fire, working away intently on the job Jorge had given him. With Y/N still being hurt and no one knowing when she'd wake, he found it difficult to keep his focus. Every few minutes there was no way from stopping himself from looking up, just hoping at some point she'd be standing there in front of him. He'd been doing that for nearly a week now.

Today was different. When Minho looked up, he imagined Y/N just as he always did and looked back down. Then, he paused, dropped his things and looked back up with wide eyes.

Minho knew it really was her when his friends began to stir, some whispering her name under their breath in disbelief. He brought himself to his feet and began to take long, impatient strides toward her. When Minho caught the small, wary smile Y/N sent his way, he knew it was her. He knew deep inside that she was okay. He knew she'd be here with him from now on.

Inside, he hadn't realized how much anxiety he'd been harbouring inside of himself because it felt like electricity was running out of his limbs just knowing she was safe.

"Hi," Y/N mustered up the loudest voice she could, just barely able to be heard by everyone standing a few metres away. Minho stood at the front of the group in placid shock for a bleak moment before he rushed right at the girl and hugged her as tight as he could.

"Shuck, Y/N." He whimpered, holding the back of her head as he rocked side to side, pressing his nose firmly into her hair. "I thought you were dead."

"You made me promise to not go down without a fight." Y/N stifled a laugh, but then wincing and holding a hand to her side.

Minho, still holding onto her shoulders, stepped back and looked down at her side with worry. "You were out for five days. How do you feel?"

"Alive." Y/N shrugged, sending a sarcastic smile up at Minho.

Minho shook his head and laughed. "You could be in your grave and still be making comments like that, huh?"

"As if you wouldn't do the same." Y/N teased.

"Touche." Minho admitted defeat. He let go of Y/N's shoulders and gently grabbed her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Wanna take a tour of the place?"

Y/N nodded and began to follow Minho around as he excitedly pointed everything out, not leaving a single detail missed.

"This is gonna be a good home for us." He'd said with full confidence, smiling down at Y/N with a kind of enthusiasm and comfort Y/N had never seen before.

Y/N squeezed his hand a little. The boys heart took a tumble. "Thanks, Minho."

He scoffed a little. "For what?"

"For sticking through everything with me. Never giving up on me." She said.

Minho shifted his weight and pulled her in for another hug. "Yeah, well, I have to thank you for the same thing."

"Or we can just call it even." Y/N laughed.