All x Reader [6]

A/N: I just wanted to say again that all you readers are so amazing. You're always spreading the love. There's so many kind comments and interactions between readers. I'm so glad this has become a positive place where people just come to read and chill ahahaha <3

It was a rude awakening this morning. Pans were banging. A door slammed. People were yelling. People were laughing. People were laughing?

Newt shot out of his hammock. Laughter? At dawn? Something had to be very wrong in a very obscure way. Maybe, this was a new reaction to being stung or the creators were messing with his friends minds. Either way, he didn't like the sound of the ruckus coming from the kitchen this early in the morning. Plus, things had been running pretty smooth here in the Glade lately and Newt couldn't see the universe passing up an opportunity to royally screw things up again.

Everyone had been up late last night at the bonfire for the new greenie. But, everyone had still head off to bed at least a few hours ago. Unless...? People had stayed up?

Newt tried to reserve his assumptions and refrain from letting his mind wander until he saw what was happening for himself. He could either be dealing with something entirely harmless, or he could be facing his friends in peril. Anything could happen here. If it was horrible, he just hoped he was dreaming.

The closer he got to the kitchen, the louder the ruckus got. However, his worry began to fade. All of the noise coming from inside was of genuine joy. In no way could the creators simulate the laughter of his friends in this kind of way. They truly were happy.

Bravely, Newt swung open the door. Immediately, everyone turned to look at him with wide eyes. Y/N and Chuck both dropped the large mixing bowls in their hands.

There was his friends. Y/N, Minho, Chuck, Frypan Winston and even Gally. They were all mulling about their massive mess in the kitchen seemingly attempting to make breakfast. Though still having a massive smile spread across his face, Chuck looked exhausted. Not the puffy faced, baggy eyed just woke up kind of tired—but the kind of not having slept at all tired.

"Have you been up all night?" Newt asked with a brow raised.

Minho darted his eyes around. He shrugged and looked at Newt in confusion. "It's morning?"

"Yea, shuckface. Take a look outside." Newt scowled at the keeper, pointing out the door. "See that? That's the sun!"

"Woaaaah. Did you know that?" Winston chuckled, jabbing Gally with his elbow.

Newt didn't looked to impressed while everyone else laughed at what Winston said. He shift his weight. "What are you all doing here?"

"Making brekkie," Minho said with a mischievous smile. "Being the good Gladers we are."

"No, I mean how did you get here? Have you been here all night? I thought everyone went to bed?" Newt once again asked.

"Oh," Gally seemed to be the first one to finally figure out what Newt was asking. "Y/N here was hungry and roped us all into coming and getting food with her."

"You said you were hungry too!" Y/N smacked Gally. He laughed.

"And then we just stayed and talked. Lost track of time. It was fun." Frypan added in.

"Yeah, did you know Gally has a—" Chuck began.

"Ai! NO! That's between the few of us!" Gally snarled, stopping Chuck before he could unveil anything that could damage his reputation.

"Anyways," Frypan turned his attention back to Newt. "We figured it was getting close to morning and thought we'd start on a nice breakfast."

Newt was sort of feeling like he missed out. Everyone in the room seemed to be so full of life and like their hearts were lifted. They were bonded closer and had shared secrets.

Y/N notice he seemed a little upset. "Wanna stick around and help us finish this mess?"

The blonde tilt his head in question. He'd instantly jumped to the assumption they didn't want him around. When, in reality, he'd just gone to bed a little earlier than everyone else and missed the late night food raid. If he had been there last night, of course they would have invited him.

"Cause I really don't trust Minho to cook the pancakes." She eyed the runner. "I do trust you, though."

Newt lifted a small smile. "Yeah, what the heck?" He laughed. "Let's blow Alby's mind with this feast."

His friends roared in laughter and sounds of joy. They took him into their mass of energy and arms and he was pretty sure he felt more love in that moment than he ever had in his life. That included before the memory wipe. It was like all the thoughts weighing on his mind were forced out every time he made eye contact with a smiling face. His lungs were flushed of old heavy breaths from gasping for air because of laughter. Every time someone touched him his skin warmed. Never would he have guessed that flipping pancakes at dawn alongside Y/N and his other friends would be the peak of his happiness. He was glad to have finally found peace.