Minho [29]

"Wakey wakey!" Minho barged into the homestead shouting, ejecting Y/N from sleep and her pleasant reality back to this one. She scrambled on the floor, startled, until she locked eyes with Minho and froze.

They stared at each other for a few seconds. "Am I late?" She asked warily. When Minho stood like this, staring without words, she got a little nervous. It meant one of a few things: she was in trouble or he had a potentially crazy idea about the maze. Lately, she'd also been wondering if there was a third reason. That reason being: he liked her in some capacity.

She tried not to think about that last option.

"No, shuckface." Minho grabbed Y/N's coat off of the wall and tossed it on her head. That in itself confused Y/N because they never used these coats except for on the coldest days. Minho already had his on. "We ain't running the maze today."

"What?" She scrambled to her feet and threw the coat on, making her way out the door on Minho's heel. He had a funky little grin on him today and she couldn't quite place it. "Not like you to say we're not running—and to seemingly be happy about it."

Minho never responded to her comment. She lightly smacked the back of his head. "Minho! C'mon!"

He laughed lightly. Right as he opened the homestead door, Y/N launched herself onto his back. Normally, he'd catch her and give her a piggy back wherever they were going. But oh no, not today.

Today, Minho did not catch her. Actually, he very purposefully let the girl fly right over his shoulders and onto the ground. Y/N wasn't really sure what happened, but the next thing she remembered was the feeling of and icy cold on her back. Then, when she looked up, Minho stood right over her and tilt his head with a sly smile. The sky behind him was strangely grey, something unalike to anything she'd seen here in the Glade.

Next thing she knew, Minho reached down beside her and when he stood back up, Y/N had that same coldness she felt on her back dumped right on her face.

It was snow. Snow. Snow in the Glade.

Y/N hollered at Minho and tried to get up but he had her pinned between his feet. As much as it would hold her for a few more tortuous seconds while he continued to dump snow on her face, it wouldn't hold her forever.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Y/N fought like her life depend on it and Minho just laughed. Little did he know, his ego would soon get the better of him.

Y/N mercilessly wrapped her hands around the back of Minho's leg and pulled him forward, sending him face fist into the snow. Once he was down, she made a break across the Glade.

"HA!" Newt scream laughed as he walked past to see Minho butt up in the snow, muttering something under his breath. The blonde nearly dropped his porridge as he tried to stop himself from crying, laughing so hard. He quieted up pretty quick when Minho raised himself to his knees and glared at Newt. The second in command dart his eyes away and walked on his merry way.

"Y/N!!" Minho howled in the girls direction as she flee.

His run after her may have started off slow as he regained his senes, but it soon turned into a full out freight train sprint. He gained on her terrifyingly fast despite the slippery footing.

Y/N knew he was right behind her. Despite being a good runner, this snow was nearly impossible to keep good footing. In a last effort to escape Minho, she took a sharp turn around one of the rows of vines in the garden. To her dismay, she slid out and went tumbling down.

This worked out perfectly for Minho and he was able to throw himself right at the girl. With this sudden mess, the pair ended up on the ground. Then ensued minutes of fighting, trying to mash piles of snow into each others faces and shoving snow down the backs of coats. Y/N wasn't too much of a match for Minho's strength, but she was sneaky and patient, waiting for the perfect opportunities to arise. It was only fair to say Minho got far more of a kicking than he thought he was going to. In all honesty though, that made it fun for him.

As their roughhousing came to an end, Y/N found herself in danger as Minho stood just feet away, seemingly ready to pounce. She knew his movement patterns well and knew that if she waited, she could probably doge him. So, she did just that. Minho lunged forward, arms out like he was asking for a hug. But, Y/N moved quick. Again, the keeper of runners was humbly sent face first into the snow. Then, Y/N jumped right onto his back and sat there.

"Y/N! Get off!" He pleaded. "It's cold!"

"Awwwh," Y/N pat Minho's shoulder. "That's too bad. I'm quite comfortable."

"Yeah!" Minho grumbled. "Cause you're using me as A COUCH!"

Y/N giggled. "I don't think couches are supposed to complain this much, though."

"You little—" Minho used all the strength he had left and lift himself off the ground, dumping Y/N off of him. He went straight to attacking her sides in a flurry of laughter.

"Say you're sorry!" He continued his attack. Minho would be lying if he said his favourite sight in the world wasn't Y/N laughing because of something he said or did. Right now, he was focused less on actually trying to playfully fight her and more on trying to make sure he retained this memory.

"Okay! OKAY!" Y/N tried to fight back. "I'm sorry! You're not a couch!"