Magic Containers

A few months after YN met with Yudaina, YN knew something was different about herself. During the nightly trips around the sky on Yudainas' back, YN often saw people with magic. Colourful circles appeared from the hands of citizens, and all sorts of magic came out of those intricate circles. YN might have been 7 when she fell out of the sky, but she was pretty intelligent- although she nearly never showed it.

"Mom?" (Yes, you thought of Yudaina as your mother now,)
A deep grumble came from Yudaina. YN snuggled closer to the half-asleep dragon.
YN bit her lip, wondering how to phrase what she was about to say. She knew she had no magic container, but having magic was every child's dream, ( well back in her world, anyways)

'Can I become a mage, even without a magic container?'
There.
YN blurted out her words, squeezing her eyes shut.

The majestic dragon stiffened. She knew that her child was going to bring this up. Maybe she shouldn't have flown miles and miles away to show YN the human civilisation. But the little brat seemed to enjoy it, and Yudaina would do anything to keep that smile on her child's face. The multicoloured dragon nudged the girl closer to her, the closest to a hug the pair could get.
What she was going to say would pain both of them.
Just as Yudaina opened her snout, YN continued.
'They're so cool! But obviously you're much more awesome than them. Maybe I could become a Dragon like you!' Taking one look at the young girl, Yudaina paused. Maybe...
Just maybe...
When there is a will, there's a way-
No pain, no gain.

YN has the will, and there was a way.
Sadly, to see the gain, there was a lot of pain to exchange.

The dragon stood up on all fours, blocking the sun. Tall, proud and powerful. The setting sun reflected on the rainbow scales, every colour reflecting onto the grass. Lilac, lavender and violet- all the different shades of purple seemed to glow in the orangish sky.
YN gazed upon her mother in awe.
The dragon truly lived up to her name-
Yudaina- the literal meaning of majestic.
The dragon let out an almighty roar, proceeding to sway the trees and shake the ground.
'Are you willing to endure the pain? Are you brave enough? Will you never forget your goal?' Yudaina rumbled, staring at the girl.
YN's eyes watered.
'Yes! I will! Thank you! Thank you!!'
The sun set on the mother and daughter, as they snuggled close to each other, both feeling comfortable in each other's embrace.