Encounter 5: Realization

Hello! I'm dropping the bomb now.  LOL I hope you'll find the succeeding chapters intriguing to continue to read.

My heart breaks as I am writing the Chapter 6.

------------------

The next day, Spade went to a nearby coffee shop to buy some breakfast before he goes to the office and he passed by the Industrial Circle where he had a glimpse of his usual spot.

"Why do you need to put pressure on me? Geez!" He was stomping his feet like a kid throwing tantrums. Of all the problems he has, this matter of thinking about his feelings is making him crazy already.

Before he reached the Codex building, Spade felt his phone vibrated and he took it out from his pocket to see who might have sent him a message.

P'In: Hey, I just came back from Paris. Let me know where and when we can meet for the matter you have told me through email. Sorry that it took me too long to return. I'll be probably not available for the next two days because I need to report my work from Paris. Just let me know your schedule as well.

Spade felt elated and a wide smile landed on his lips but another message comes in, it was from an unknown number.

When are you going to set the meeting with Locket? And where is my share of breakfast?

"The hell? Who is this ---" he was about to curse loudly because of the rude and familiar tone of the message until a face of a certain person comes in his mind. "How did? Damn! Using such power."

Kid: Breakfast your face. You can afford to buy one for yourself. 😑

Spark was chuckling inside his office while reading the message of the deputy manager.

"Yes? Why are you laughing?" Third who was in a video call in through his laptop asked.

"Oh, nothing. Why are you calling me when you just barely got enough rest from your flight?"

"Well, I want to update you about things. Also, I will try to check on things while I'm here. Stay low key. I know they are just lurking out there. Soon, they will find us."

"Don't worry I got it cover. P'Tome just arrived too. He will be here any minute now. I'll keep you updated."

"Alright. See you."

The conversation between Spark and Third ended with a serious note on that.

Meanwhile, Spade can't help but feel conflicted because lately he seems restless whenever he can't see the ever so dashing vice president, Spark.

"What the hell? It's not like I'm looking for him or what and I'm not making any excuse at all. I just need to tell him that P'In has arrived and the meeting with him because of the Locket's incidence will be scheduled soon.

Aarrrggg! Why am I getting nervous? Just freaking give him a call."

It has already been twenty minutes since he started digging some holes into the poor telephone that was quietly sitting on his desk. He was trying to make a choice whether he will give the VP a call or he will personally go to his office.

He took a deep breath and held the telephone, then it rings which made him yelp in surprise.

"What the~?" He picked up the phone and with an annoyed voice, he answered. "Spade speaking."

"Get out. I'll be waiting at the lobby." That's the only thing he heard and the line was cut off.

"Who? Arrrggg! Phiiiiiii~~~!!"