Encounter 7: Bleeding Love

More heartbreak for us!!! Deym!! Guys thanks so much for reading! I really appreciate your support. And its VACATION TIME!!!! I hope I will not be that lazy to write update.

-----------------

"Don't let that brat get near him, understand?" Third was being an ass early in the morning when he knew that the meeting between Codex and Locket will happen that day. He was on the phone with Spark who was currently in his office waiting for Spade.

The VPEA laughed as he can picture his friend throwing tantrums because of jealousy. "Yes, yes, I'll do that. Let me be the great bodyguard then."

Unknown to him, the deputy manager was already in his office. "So, you can laugh like that? Is that the person you were talking about? The person who taught you to live properly? Your bad yet only air that you want to inhale?" Spade unconsciously held his hand onto his chest where he can feel subtle pain. Seeing the man he long for smiling happily because of someone else really hurts. "If this is love, then, why does it have to be this painful?"

He cleared his throat to make his presence known. Spark was immediately alerted and bid goodbye to Third who was on the other line.

"Did you just arrived?"

Spade nodded his head.

"Then, we should go now. I hope the people we will meet from Locket are all good."

They arrived at a french restaurant ten minutes earlier and confirmed the reservation. Surprisingly, the person they will meet have already arrived.

Spade waved his hand to greet his senior. "P'In! You're too early."

"Oh no, I just don't want to make a bad impression." In batted his eyes on Spark.

"Let me introduce you then, Mr. Vice President, this is P'In Sarathoon, the person in charge of helping us during the PURSE incident. P'In, meet our VP for External Affairs, Mr. Spark Davignon."

In's eyes widen but kept his cool and professional demeanor. "Greetings and nice to meet you Mr. Davignon." he extended his hand for a handshake, which the latter complied to. Spark gave him a meaningful smile.

They all settled down in their respective chair with Spark and Spade sitting across In while Tome was standing just beside Spark.

A moment before they start their discussion and after ordering food, In's phone vibrated alerting him that he got a message.

Nong Spark: Phi, can you not tell the brat that we knew each other? I know you were surprised but I'll tell you everything about this together with Ai'Third.

In snatched a glare towards Spark then began typing on his phone for a reply.

P'In: You two better have a good explanation for this or else I'll look into it myself. 😤

When their eyes met again, Spark gave In a smile to affirm the message.

"Well, to start with, P'In, our VPEA would like to know how we can form a good relationship with Locket since you gave us a hand before. For the details of what happened, he wanted to know how did you manage to solve the problem."

"Oho, then, wouldn't that be already documented by your team? I think the report itself was good enough to know how we managed to pull it off. Of course, it wouldn't be a success if you're not there Nong." In was testing the water.

Spark was not dumb not to know it but he wouldn't let the older man win. "The report was not enough because it was only written based on our side. Can you enlighten me what are the things our team lacks to ask help from your Locket? Your report stated it but was very vague for us to develop training needs for them."