Encounter 8: Testing The Water

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Let us taste the sweetness of confused feelings between them. Hope you'll enjoy ur holidays!

----------

His pain is unbearable. His love is forbidden. His words are voiceless. His body was shackled. His heart was getting numb. Spade can only think of one thing to mend his shattered self, to temporarily forget everything, to drown himself with alcohol.

He went to a bar he frequently visits and ordered strong alcoholic drinks. Minutes he arrived, there were already some women who approached him but he politely decline their invitation as he wants to be alone.

"If this is love, then I can say that it's not really good. It hurts like a bitch." He went for another shot of tequila even though his head was already spinning.

"How can you love that person who belongs to the person I admire the most? You, who taught me to check on my own feelings...why didn't you check yours? Why him? Why?" His tears flowed again while he was questioning the harsh reality that he discovered.

Meanwhile, Spark who was waiting for Spade because he wanted to talk about him working too much. "Where is that kid?"

"Boss, he already left." Tome said.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier, Phi?"

"Because you are talking to Nong Third. I noticed him run away."

"Damn. Can you check where is he right now? Did he already went home?"

Tome took out his phone and typed in something. A minute later he replied to Spark. "Uhmm, boss, he went to a bar and is now currently wasted."

"Damn that kid. Let's go."

Upon their arrival in the bar were Spade was drinking, Spark saw the deputy manager in his most alluring and vulnerable state. His head was lying in the bar counter with an empty glass beside him. He seems so drunk and just before he got near the young DM, a man approached the half-asleep Spade.

From the looks of it, the man who has a bulky build would like to take advantage of the helpless handsome fellow. Spark's blood boiled in an instant. He unconsciously clenched his fist and was ready to jump in to that bulky man but he still kept his cool and only grab the hand of the said man who was about to touch Spade.

"Excuse me, what do you need with my companion?" His eyes shouts danger piercing the message that the man should get out from his sight immediately.

The bulky man felt shivers in his spine as if he was looking into the eyes of a grim reaper, he replied with a shaky voice. "N--nothing at--all...sir..." he quickly run away hoping to get himself safe from the calamity that he might have a taste.

Spark looked at Spade then shifted his gaze to the bartender. "How many drinks did he have?"

"About 10 or 12 sir."

The VPEA cursed inside his head. "Shit! Are you trying to get yourself harassed?" he faintly slapped Spade's cheeks to wake him up. "Oi, wake up kiddo. We need to go now."

Spade opened his eyes but his vision was blurry. He can't also clearly recognize the voice of the man that wakes him up. "Oww, sorry Phi, I think I've had enough. Let me just pay." He thought it was someone he knew at least. He tried to get some cash from his wallet but was clearly struggling to do so. Spark was getting annoyed because it seems like the deputy manager didn't recognize him. He pulled out his wallet and pay the bill himself. "I paid it already, come on. Can you stand up?"

"Oh, thank you na, Phi. Yes, I can." as the drunken Spade tried to stand up on his own, he lost his balance and Spark was ready to catch him but before he does, Spade recovered on his own. "Hehehe, I almost fell. Guess the world is spinning quite rough. Na, Phi?"