Encounter 26: Minty Cinnamon

Alright! You may bash me again after this chapter. Hahahaha! Char! Enjoy.

--------------

"Are you sure you want to stay here now?" Ivan said to Spade when he helped him to move to his old house.

"Yes. I have burdened you enough. I cannot thank you enough for saving my life Ivan."

"You know how you can compensate me though."

Spade shook his head. "I know you don't mean it Ivan. Just like what I've said to you before, stop fooling yourself. I've been there and trust me, it hurts."

Ivan smiled at him. "I still don't get what's your point after all this time."

"Soon, you will know. Don't waste your time here anymore and follow what your heart desires, it's not here."

"Aww. Why does it feel like you were pushing me away?"

"Stop being silly, idiot. I'm serious here. You need to face your fears now."

"Fine. I'll do it mother hen."

"Ivan!!"

The both of them laughed at each other. Spade cooked lunch for Ivan and some of his men whom he was also acquainted to. They shared stories just like they used to when they were still in Russia.

After a week, Spade adjusted to his new life. He's been busy as always roaming around the operations and production floor. He also took the role of reviewing potential candidates for vacant positions in Ops and Prod. Everything was in place. He also started to visit Daojatti household more often which made him closer to his family again.

Meanwhile, Spark was always annoying him in his office like always but he doesn't push him away anymore. However, that particular day, Friday, he hasn't seen even the shadow of Spark for the whole day.

Spade decided to call Tome after he couldn't get through Spark's phone. "P'Tome, have you seen P'Spark?"

"Ah, nong Spade, he went out this afternoon and upon checking his coordinates, he went to a local restaurant in Ayutthaya. Didn't he inform you?"

Spade gritted his teeth. "No, he didn't. Thanks P!"

"Should I send some men to follow him or would you like to go there by yourself?"

"No Phi, I'll just wait for him."

When the phone call ended, Spade can't help but feel mad and suspicious. Spark would sometimes spend the night in his house because he imposed on it.

The young director went home and waited for any call or messages from Spark but received nothing. It was already eleven in the evening when he heard a knock on the door.

He rushed out from his room to open the door only to find Spark in his drunken state. "Did you drink?"

Spark only looked at him and hugged the young director.

"Get your ass off me and take a shower. You stink of alcohol."

When Spark looked at the glaring eyes of Spade, he smiled and whispered, "Sorry." But just before he went to the bathroom, he smelled an unfamiliar scent from Spark aside from alcohol, it's cinnamon.

Spade didn't go to bed yet, he waited for Spark to finish to also ask him if he had eaten already. When he saw the older one going out from the bathroom and looked sober, he stared at him.

"Did you eat already?"

Spark nodded his head.

"Where did you go?"